• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Welp... Dropped my new to me 2012 Connie on my first day Ugggg

MichiganRider

Well here is the story.  Had been looking for a Connie to go with my 2019 Goldwing Tour, finally found one yesterday in Des Moine Iowa.  Found it on CycleTrader.  Drove from Michigan to DesMoine with my trailer, was 1300 miles round trip.
This Connie only has 3400 miles on it. Has Saddleman seat, highway pegs, passenger backrest, so it’s just how I would want one, best part is I got it for $5,000  I get there to pick it up, and as the seller is about to put it up on the trailer, a gust of wind catches him off guard ,and over it went!!  We both look at each other oh oh.  We pick it up, and thankfully the highway pegs to the brunt, and it had some scratches on the BREAKAWAY mirror on the right side, really wasn’t the anything to worry about.  Well the story has another part.  Today after washing it up, I decide to take a quick spin to get some water off it, and as I’m about to pull out of the driveway I have to hesitate due to oncoming traffic, as I do I put my left foot down, and I slip on some rocks, and down I it goes.  So it has now been dropped two days in a row, once by the seller on the right side, and once by the new owner on the left side. I pick up the bike and do some examining, and has about the same light damage to the right side that’s hardly noticeable.  In ending my story, what’s the odds of that happening. I have to say I love the bike, totally different than the Goldwing, but a nice second bike.

Welcome to our group. In my opinion the bike handles so well it is easy to forget how much it weighs.....that is until you go just past that point. Glad to hear nobody was hurt.

antibus said:
Welcome to our group. In my opinion the bike handles so well it is easy to forget how much it weighs.....that is until you go just past that point. Glad to hear nobody was hurt.
Thanks antibus

Cali Cruiser said:
Ten bucks says Oprah pops up and says she’s done the same exact thing three days in a row! 😂😂

you are funny, who or what does Oprah have to do with it..?    ::)
play on.. .... ........    ... ....... .......

Leave the new guy alone, he doesn't really need your input.  :-X :-X