• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Western Oregon RTE

stevem

Greetings!

My hopes for an Aufderheide ride this fall are pretty much shot. There is still smoke from the fires in that area and the USFS web site makes it sound like part of the road remains closed. And the McKenzie Pass road will stay closed the rest of the season. So… a spur of the moment idea.

I am proposing a Ride to Eat event for this Saturday, the 30th. Lets meet at the Lighthouse Cafe in Umpqua at noon. That should be a decent distance for those of us in the Eugene area as well as the Grants Pass folks (though a bit far for the Portland crew - sorry!).

If you want to ride down with me (and probably Rhonda as pillion) I will be leaving my house around 10:00.
Please let me know if you think you will be joining us for lunch.

Steve

Darn, if this wasn't 4+ hours one way, I'd have to roll the dice.  I've spent way too much time riding a Cervelo P2C (triathlon training) and it's time to start riding a C14 again.  Maybe if you went Northeast from Eugene I could meet some folks. 

Hope you all have a great and safe ride!

runnerb0y said:
Darn, if this wasn't 4+ hours one way, I'd have to roll the dice.  I've spent way too much time riding a Cervelo P2C (triathlon training) and it's time to start riding a C14 again.  Maybe if you went Northeast from Eugene I could meet some folks. 

Jeff, you could always ride over the night before :)

We'll need to work on a ride out in your direction. How's the smoke in/near the Gorge nowadays?

Steve

Steve Mustoe said:
runnerb0y said:

Jeff, you could always ride over the night before :)

We'll need to work on a ride out in your direction. How's the smoke in/near the Gorge nowadays?

Steve
Hey Steve,

For now the smoke isn't an issue and I-84 is open both East and West, but is subject to closures on a short term notice.  As the rains come, I fear there will be rock/mud slides that cause the East bound lanes to close this winter and next spring.

Steve, you may have already heard from V65Bill, he and I plan on meeting you in Umpqua for lunch.  :great: