• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Western Oregon Tech Session

Connie girl

See the calender for a wrenching session at the home of a fun NW AAD Steve Mustoe!
Date is October 13, 2012
If you've attended one of his sessions- great- go again
If not this is the time to get the bike all pampered before the cold settles in..and have a fun day.
For further questions see the NW area calender or call Steve for more details.
I hear he makes good coffee too.

:08:

I'm planning on coming.

Nothing specific to wrench on but I'm sure I'll find something by then ;)

Overall I'm sure it would be nice to have other people see if my bike is running "normal".  As it's hard to tell without side by side comparisons.  Maybe modifications to my foam for the 2 minute mod...hmmm

I am ordering a couple of farkels (heated grips and a Techmount) now so I can get some more talented help with them.  >:D

Well I just replaced my throttle cables last night (had to, the pull cable snapped), so I couldn't have made it down without working on this anyway.  I'm interested in having someone help with a headset adjustment.  I tightened it some myself but I'm still getting shakes on deceleration and I suspect it needs more...

So far I'm still coming, I keep fighting off the wolves of family commitments.

Need to make one more attitude adjustment ride before winter sets in, I plan on attending.  :motonoises:

I have had a few inquiries asking whether the tech session is still on given my recent injury. I am happy to report that I am fully functional and ready to wrench! Hope to see a good number of you. I will have all the tools we need, but if you require fluids (oil, antifreeze, brake fluid, etc.) please bring them along.

The spare room is already taken but there is plenty of couch space if you want to ride in Friday evening or stay over Saturday night. Just let me know.

Steve

Ok, where is this wrenching session at?  I'm in Eugene, may have to work, but would love to come see what's up.

I'm at 720 Foothill Drive, Southeast end of town. Check the Calendar of Events for details.

Bruce said:
Ok, where is this wrenching session at?  I'm in Eugene, may have to work, but would love to come see what's up.

And the inevitable.  I can't make this session now because I'm in a foot brace for a sprained ankle for another few weeks.  On top of that, I dropped my Connie due to the inability of the sprained ankle to hold enough pressure on the center stand and now it isn't street legal (right mirror and turn signal gone).

Wrench well!
--ben

boilermaker said:
Will this be a rain or shine session?

As of now it's showing rain...  :(

That just figures, it hasn't rained in like 2 months, but now the rain is gonna move in tomorrow and supposed to be here through next Tuesday...  :'(

Rain or shine!
I have room for two bikes at a time in my garage, the others will have to endure the drizzle in the driveway until it's their turn ;) There will be lots of hot coffee to keep the chills away.

Steve

Will this be a rain or shine session?
[/quote]

Sorry for the extremely short notice but I have to cancel tomorrow's tech session. My wife's mother died this afternoon. I will need to with her to offer comfort and support - she was very close to her mother.
    Life is short, we need to enjoy it as much as we can.

Steve

Wayne Wilson is here and will feed pizza to those of you who miss this message and show up tomorrow.

Rhonda and Steve.
I am very sorry for your loss.
Rhonda you are in the thoughts of many COGGERS.  :'(

Steve Mustoe said:
  Sorry for the extremely short notice but I have to cancel tomorrow's tech session. My wife's mother died this afternoon. I will need to with her to offer comfort and support - she was very close to her mother.

Steve

Steve Mustoe said:

Steve

Our prayers to you, your wife,and family Steve.

I didn't want to chance being excluded by not being a full member, but you all made me feel like it was okay to attend even if I wasn't a COGger.  Today I paid for all the privileges and bought my COG membership.

Mother nature had a different idea.  In light of the rain, I didn't take out the new ride.  I hope to meet up with you folks again, please post the next tech session and I'll see if I can make it.  It may be on four wheels,  but I'd still love to meet some of you great peeps in person.

Be well, hope you all had fun today.

~runner

Steve, I was looking forward to meeting a bunch of you folks, but am so sorry to hear of your loss.  You and your family take care.

Steve,

I totally missed your post about the death in your family.  My prayers are with you and your family.  So sorry to hear about your loss.

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and condolences. And special thanks to Charlie Gary who reached out in a very personal way to make Rhonda smile. At times like this I am thankful to be part of the COG family, a wonderful and supportive community.

Steve