• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

What are these??

gwenzz1972

Saw these two leads when I had the seat off. I've had the bike (2011 C14) since new and have never really noticed them before. Any thoughts??20210418_165905.jpg

In the full service manual they call them joint connectors. Looks like a place you could replace a section of wire say to the tail lite without having to go all the way to the switch.

They are ground blocks, they simply join/end multiple ground wires together. There's about eleven of them scattered throughout the harness. If you remove the tape you'll see all the wires are black & yellow.

It's a very rare occurrence but if one should corrode it will make the bike do all kinds of funny things & cause you much grief tracking it down. I spent nearly a week tracking one down.

Attachments

• cliff's camera 051.JPG
    cliff's camera 051.JPG
    201.6 KB · Views: 124
  • cliff's camera 052.JPG
    cliff's camera 052.JPG
    200.8 KB · Views: 122