• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

What do you do with the leftover parts after a valve check?

kzz1king

Actually just one 😃. When putting the plastic back on I must have knocked the thingy that goes over the rad cap off. Whats it for? Don't really want to pull stuff off again.

Attachments

• PXL_20211108_184652612.jpg
    PXL_20211108_184652612.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 152
To lock the cap from turning so I've read. It ALMOST looks like it can block the gap in the fairings as well.

So what makes this radiator cap any different than any other? I be have owned a few vehicles and cannot recall ever losing a rad cap with the exception of leaving it on the air cleaner.
On the FB forum some claim it's just for shipping purposes. Storming now or I would go check the manual out. Thanks for the feedback all.

I made sure I put it back on mine. 🤣

The bike is still apart pending me getting the switch brackets and other things cut and powder coated...wiring harnesses constructed and run...etc. Am not fiddling with it in 16 degree Ahia weather.

I made sure I put it back on mine. 🤣

The bike is still apart pending me getting the switch brackets and other things cut and powder coated...wiring harnesses constructed and run...etc. Am not fiddling with it in 16 degree Ahia weather.
I had mine on but didn't double check after wrestling the panel around the crash bars. Didn't notice it till a week later😃. Lows been in the -20s. Of course shop is warmer, about 40.

I had mine on but didn't double check after wrestling the panel around the crash bars. Didn't notice it till a week later😃. Lows been in the -20s. Of course shop is warmer, about 40.
-20’s that weather makes a man out of you; remember when back in MN the dark winter days when 5*F above zero felt like spring. Now in SE PA, that seems like a long time ago :cry:. Sure do miss that state, hard to beat…

I have always thought that plastic piece was part of the change made to reduce hot airflow onto the riders legs of earlier c-14's.

I have always thought that plastic piece was part of the change made to reduce hot airflow onto the riders legs of earlier c-14's.
LOL...the red part is raised to relive pressure from the cooling system so the cap can be removed without coolant coming after you. Always best to do when coolant is cool. That cap looks like you need a new one anyways.