• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

What do you use for music via bluetooth?

zgjim

I use XM radio for music when in the cage, but they don't seem to have a system that is bike compatible.  What do y'all use for music on your bikes?

TIA

I usually stream from my phone using TuneIn or Amazon/Google/Apple music services (downloaded content when data service is spotty).

Sirius/XM have a phone app that you can use depending on your plan. One of my daughters uses that in her car.

My fave was TuneIn so I could listen to WXRT out of Chicago.  Chicago's Finest Rock. I have been a loyal listener since 1975 when I moved there.  Now they have moved to Radio.com

I also use Pandora, Slacker and at the behest of my kids Spotify and then use SoundCloud for podcasts. I usually have Waze in the background for alerts and when there is no service I have songs loaded in playlists on the sd card. Mostly through the Droid but also have a playlist on the Garmin.

Never need it loud but I like it present.  There are many who espouse "just the engine and the road" but I always have triple flange ear protection in so I usually have a bit of  talk or music going .

Pandora (free) streaming via bluetooth to my Cardo comms in helmet.

Works great, though Cardo needs recharging after about 9 hours.

James_Leach_TN said:
I use XM radio for music when in the cage, but they don't seem to have a system that is bike compatible.  What do y'all use for music on your bikes?

TIA

I use the Garmin Zumo 665 w/XM antenna streamed through a UClear U200 headset.

Bought an iphone with more memory and put some music in it and listen to it through my sena 10c pro.

I had an old XM Roady that I reactivated and just listen to it over my Sena S10 FM.  I had to change Freqs a few times due to interference and other times I just connect to my phones 900 songs till the offender went away.

Hey All!
I have been using a SENA 10C with my iPod Touch for 3 years now with no issues.  I like the 10C for many reasons but mainly because it does a good job of making it easy to pair both my Phone (Android) which sits in a RAM mount between the handle bars, and my iPod which is in my pocket, not to mention the way it easily manages (mutes/pauses) music when a call comes in on the phone or I call out.  I guess this is pretty standard with headsets nowadays...I sometimes set it to give me voice from the Android phone for Google maps, but dont need that much to Nav.

Good luck!
Gilbysan

I use XM radio for music when in the cage, but they don't seem to have a system that is bike compatible. What do y'all use for music on your bikes?

TIA
Bluetooth Plugfones, battery lasts about 10 hours and the foam earplugs attenuate noise about 28 decibels I believe. I have used them for years.