• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

What dry bag you using? UPDATE

kzz1king

UPDATE. I went with the SW 350 bag in grey. I really like it and am happy I didn't go bigger. With my seat the sides sit right on the hardbags but is still easy to open them. I can get my tent,pillow and sleeping bag in it with room to spare. I leave the straps on the bike. Quick to remove and reattach. Very happy with it.

I am looking for a bag to place on the passenger seat. Have a top case as well.Prefer one hat's rigid enough that I can easily access to side bags, that it doesn't hang over on them. I plan on putting my sleeping bag and some clothes . I am trying to reduce tank bag size and get away from strapping multiple bags to the seat. Want something easy to secure.Maybe a 40 to 60 liter?or thereabouts? Any suggestions? Thank you

Last edited:
Areostich Ortlieb roll top. Large. Carries all you need to camp as long as your stuff is somewhat small and light like a back packer would use. I lay mine sideways across the rear seat and it covers the bags out to about where the handles are. Seems indestructible in 100k miles, and total water proof

I use a Nelson rigg dry bag. It is a little longer than most I found but that's what I needed because I have longer than usual tent poles.
When I was looking a friend recommended the bag in the link below, I would have got it but it wasn't long enough for my tent poles. I now have a new tent with shorter tent poles. Now I wish I had this bag. Oh well. 🙄

I use a Nelson rigg dry bag. It is a little longer than most I found but that's what I needed because I have longer than usual tent poles.
When I was looking a friend recommended the bag in the link below, I would have got it but it wasn't long enough for my tent poles. I now have a new tent with shorter tent poles. Now I wish I had this bag. Oh well. 🙄
I have that bag in green. I use it on and off the bike. Has held up pretty well since 2014. Sits on the back and rest across the bags. Decent quality and never had any wet inside despite being in HEAVY rains. Good product with not much expense. At tiimes I throw it back in the truck bed to save room in the cab when I am heading out of town. Good buy for me

How many litres is the Nelson bag you are using? Thinking of getting the 60.
I was afraid you might ask that. 😅
From my search, I don't think they make it anymore but it is the "survivor edition" and measures 26"L × 12"W ×14"H and I believe it is 70 liters.
Here's a picture of it sitting on the bike.
HTH

Attachments

• 20210615_185227.jpg
    20210615_185227.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 155
I was afraid you might ask that. 😅
From my search, I don't think they make it anymore but it is the "survivor edition" and measures 26"L × 12"W ×14"H and I believe it is 70 liters.
Here's a picture of it sitting on the bike.
HTH
Thanks. The pic helps . Now to decide.

One more question!😄 The Rigs Nelson is the only one I have seen with a rigid bottom. Those without are you having any trouble with the bag drooping on the hardbags?. I want to get a wider bag.24 to 26 inches but don't want it hanging on my bags.

One more question!😄 The Rigs Nelson is the only one I have seen with a rigid bottom. Those without are you having any trouble with the bag drooping on the hardbags?. I want to get a wider bag.24 to 26 inches but don't want it hanging on my bags.
Im not sure if his bags rest on the cases or not but he had everything but the kitchen sink in them! SW Motec bags

Attachments

• 3C2631F8-97DD-4FB9-A136-065BFADD1B5D.jpeg
    3C2631F8-97DD-4FB9-A136-065BFADD1B5D.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 134

I kinda liked that the panniers help support the dry bag when I used it. The bulk of the weight was on the seat and I was still able to open/access the panniers.

i have the sw motech pro rackpack tailbag it's about 40 liters and is rigid. It also expands and comes with a dry bag for the inside. I rode thru rain with it and it's pretty water proof for showers and i did use the dry bag inside of it. But did not see any moisture in the bag. it's not cheap.
sw motech has a us web site that you can look at their products.

I use a VUZ rolltop dufflebag. Bought it a few years ago off amazon and it's one of the best motorcycle purchases I've ever made. Works on any bike and keeps you stuff dry as a bone.