• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

What handlebar riser is this?

hammerash

Looking at used bikes. This one has something that appears to move handlebars. Looks like bolt mounting is different location. First thought was murphs wedges, but i didn't think those changed mounting of bolts? Anyone know what these are?

Forgot picture, lol. Gotta figure out how to attach. Or actually here is link to site where bike located.

thank you. so I viewed pictures and looks like more upright than just 2" riser. how compare to 2" with wedges? have you tried other risers for comparison?

looked around and there are a lot of various options. 2" risers, riser adapters (to make the 2" riser similar to pullback risers) and you ADD wedges to these options. I am coming from a zx-9r so used to forward lean. I guess once get a connie, have to try for a while to see what, if anything, would work best for me. I took the ZX-9R on 6 day blue ridge parkway trip 5 years ago and did fine. But I'm 54 now, LOL.

Last edited:
I have had just the two inch risers on one concours and then on the second concours i added the AST 2”up & 1” back risers and i like them, never tried the wedges.

I just installed those blocks last night along with the wedges. Only have one ride on them this morning but so far I like them. Let's me sit much more upright and relaxed.

I had been using the Murphs risers with the wedges and it was much better than stock but still had me leaning forward.

Has anyone tried to go with more than a 2" riser? My hands are still getting killed with standard 2" risers installed. Carpal tunnel is a b/tch.

You probably aren't really going to be happy until you change handlebars to helibars or a tubular bar of some sort. I can't remember seeing an adapter for the C14, but I think there has been someone that has switched to tubular bars. If you do this to get completely upright, you may find you need to alter the shape of the seat to complete the job. One thing leads to another.

You probably aren't really going to be happy until you change handlebars to helibars or a tubular bar of some sort. I can't remember seeing an adapter for the C14, but I think there has been someone that has switched to tubular bars. If you do this to get completely upright, you may find you need to alter the shape of the seat to complete the job. One thing leads to another.
Think I will have to try out the

Kawasaki Concours14 HeliBars® Horizon™ ST multi-axis adjustable handlebars​

Pricey...but an early next season update....1 of...who knows...lol.

I have had the wedges for awhile and recently added 2" risers ,they helped my back/shoulder aches quite a bit. I'M 5'11" and 59 years old. I don't consider myself to have a bad back oe any particular injuries. Just to help comparisons.

Clark, have you added grip puppies to the stock grips. The foam over sleeve installed ontop of the stock grips makes them fatter and cushier( is that a word?). and best of all the grip heaters will work thru them. Makes a surprising difference...