• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

What Happened to MondoMotos?

delling3

Road Bike
Hi friends -

Been a while since I have been around.  I was considering some auxillary lighting and went to the Mondomoto's site, and it appears that they have ceased selling their lighting products?  Or have they gone the dealer distributor route?  Anyone have any knowledge?

If you can spare the wattage, the Hella FF-200's are available for $115 on Amazon. These lights were the gold standard for Ironbutt riders in their day. Hella stopped making them and now are making them again. 55 watts each and long range. Wattage consumption is not a problem unless you run a lot of heated gear.

I have looked at LED lights for some time but they are not really long range lights, just a super bright, non focused blobs of light. NIHSA (sp) released data on car lighting and concluded nearly all auto lighting with LED's create excessive glare to oncoming drivers and do not have much range at today's highway speeds. I have LED's for DRL use only, and the Hella's for rural, night riding. One person's opinion.

Thanks Larry -

I am looking for aux lighting for my 1978 Goldwing.  These old girls have an alternator that can't cope with much in the way of electrical accessories - hence the reason that the LED's were of interest. 

Looks like Brian has ceased any aftermarket sales and is only doing service related work in the Phoenix area. His membership expired last year apparently. Kind of sad as his lights were good gear.