• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

What is the value of a beloved C-10?

MichiGlenn

I'm beginning to think that after 8 wonderful years, it’s time to move on from my 2001 C-10 with about 28,000 miles on the odometer. I’ve finally gotten it set up just the way I wanted it, and now I realize that the type of riding I’m actually doing and the type of riding this bike is intended for are two different things. I’m mostly riding around town and back and forth to work, yet I’ve set the bike up to be an even better touring machine than it was when I bought it.

My dilemma is:
A: When is the best time to sell, and
B: What is it really worth?

I know that I’ll never recoup the money I’ve put into it, but the mods I have are desirable in the COG community. I’ve added the coveted Shoodabeen 7th gear mod, torque cams, carb tune with overflow tubes, and air intake and grounding mods. I also have the T-Cro improved shift linkage, John’s highway pegs, Murph’s block-off plates and fuse block. I even added a Screaming Banshee horn/light control with pulsing air horn. The list goes on with numerous LED lighting upgrades, USB charging ports, braided brake lines, fairing extenders and more.

So my question to the COG community is, what is a fair price? I intend to take some good pictures and list it in the classifieds, but I need a starting price point. Not so high that it will be laughed at as an overpriced 20 year old obsolete machine, yet not soo low as to disrespect a good solid Concours. Let me know what you think. And if someone wants to give me a bazillion dollars for it, it’s waiting for you here in Portage, MI.

Thanks for any and all input.

I would think you should start at 2500.00 . Unfortunately they are not going for more than that from what I've seen . I will probably just keep mine forever even if replacing it with another bike . Too many good memories to let it go cheap . Mine has 72000 now so I probably would be lucky to get a grand for it .

This is one nice bike - every time I've ever seen it, its been so clean you could eat off it.

Oh, and Glenn, you forgot to mention that classy red pinstripe separating the 2 colors along the bike's body.

I keep meaning to do the same to mine one of these days.

This is one nice bike - every time I've ever seen it, its been so clean you could eat off it.

Oh, and Glenn, you forgot to mention that classy red pinstripe separating the 2 colors along the bike's body.

I keep meaning to do the same to mine one of these days.
Correction: Orange reflective pinstripe. Go Illini. Or anyone else’s favorite orange and blue team.

After having just purchased mine, and watched prices for the last few months, I would say start at 3.5k and work your way down. I paid 2k but it needs some work. Clean runners are around 2.5k, nice bikes with desirable mods are 3k to 3.5k. put an OBO on the price and take anything over 2.7k would be my plan. Good luck and I hope you find something that meets your needs.

I too have a 2001 and will be selling soon. 109,000 miles, but looking at it you could never tell. Anyhow, yes, those are the numbers I'm looking to start at also. $3500 and go from there.