• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

What seat do I have?

damon20r

Ok, I recently bought a 2012 Concours and was told it had a ZX14 seat on it. I know it isn't the stock seat but I don't think it's a ZX14 seat either, at least based on the pics I have seen.  It has part number 53066-0465 molded into the pan but I can't seem to find it in any searches. I'll taking and posting a pic tomorrow.  I'm kinda looking for a different seat but kinda need to know what I already have first.

53066-0465-49X is the Kawasaki Touring seat but that 53066-0465 may just be the part number for the seat base.

If posting a pic is difficult for you, pm me and you can then email or text it to me and I'll get it up for you.  Welcome!

I looked again and there are 4 part numbers under the seat. 53066-0161 is the one I needed to find and that is a ZX14 dual seat part number, it just doesn't look like most of the seats I found. At least I think I know what I got now. It's too thin and firm for me. Isn't horrible but will definitely be keeping an eye out for a stock concours seat or good deal on touring seat.
Oh and it is a pain resizing photos under the 350k limit! :33:

Attachments

• Motorcycle seat small.jpg
    Motorcycle seat small.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 177
  • Motorcycle seat small.jpg
    Motorcycle seat small.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 150
One of the wonderful features of Ubuntu linux is that all I have to do is right click on the photo and then left click on resize.  Pick 1024x768, select resize in place.  Done.  :great:  It's rare when I boot windows on my dual boot machine.  If it weren't for updating a garmin gps, I could easily ditch windows.

Your seat doesn't resemble any of the C14 or ZX14 seats I have ever seen.
It must be a C14/ZX14 seat with at least a custom cover and maybe a gel insert or similar.

Boomer said:
Your seat doesn't resemble any of the C14 or ZX14 seats I have ever seen.
It must be a C14/ZX14 seat with at least a custom cover and maybe a gel insert or similar.

That was my thought as well, that it might be recovered. There certainly is no gel insert though it's pretty firm and thin foam. It isn't horrible but I would definitely like a little more give to it and the cover is very grippy.  And at 6'4" some added thickness would be welcomed.

Damon, I didn't realize your seat was lowered. {less foam}
Some of the height restricted folks {like me} will probably swap seats with you.
  Most would have the stock seat, but it would be higher..
  Others may have another seat.

I've seen recent discussions where some are lowering their bikes because of short legs.
You may want to PM some of those folks.

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Damon, I didn't realize your seat was lowered. {less foam}
Some of the height restricted folks {like me} will probably swap seats with you.
  Most would have the stock seat, but it would be higher..
  Others may have another seat.

I've seen recent discussions where some are lowering their bikes because of short legs.
You may want to PM some of those folks.

Ride safe, Ted

I don't know that it was lowered, although it may be, it just seems a lot firmer and thinner than the original seat I had on my first C14. That bike was a 2012 also, but it has been several years since I had it.  I'm also not sure how a factory ZX14 seat compares to a factory C14 seat. I just know it's harder than I personally prefer.