• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

What would you expect to pay for this bike?

Diablo6552

About to sell my C10 and FZ1 to move up to a C14. What would be a ballpark estimate value for this bike? Thanks in advance.
Screenshot_20230124_155332_Facebook.jpg

The flash is quick and easy. The valve adjustment, not so much. You might be able to get him to come off of that a bit, but you don't have a whole lot to point to that would lower the price substantially. Offer him $4500. You might settle at $4750. Be nice. Tell him how you'll give it a good home. :)

Be sure to ask how many fobs they have for it. You might assume they would have at least one. But I found out recently after driving over 6 hours to pick up an 08 that he had none. I didn't ask and he didn't tell. You can't take anything for granted.

Be sure to ask how many fobs they have for it. You might assume they would have at least one. But I found out recently after driving over 6 hours to pick up an 08 that he had none. I didn't ask and he didn't tell. You can't take anything for granted.
Wow!

Good point...I just asked him.

He said just one. I know that could potentially be a problem. What solutions are there when only one is included? I think I've heard it's best to bite the bullet and get another one programmed right away.

Sounds like a decent price. I see two in my area that are a couple years newer, a bit lower miles, both ABS, both listed between $5,500-$5,900. High one is at a dealer. Looks like it could be a deal. And great idea on the 2nd fob.

Pick the parts house of your choice. You might see if the dealer that is going to program them would price match.

Seems like a pretty decent price. The Rostra has value for sure, and the Yoshimura, Garmin and if the seat fits you butt, are expensive on their own and represent about at least a grand or more. 46K miles is not so much based on what the ad states. At 12 years of age, it may want for brake lines, pads, fork and shock work, and other stuff that wears out over time vs. just miles. Does the 2010 have silver or black wheels?

Good luck!

Gilbysan, aka - Fat Ninja

Seems like a pretty decent price. The Rostra has value for sure, and the Yoshimura, Garmin and if the seat fits you butt, are expensive on their own and represent about at least a grand or more. 46K miles is not so much based on what the ad states. At 12 years of age, it may want for brake lines, pads, fork and shock work, and other stuff that wears out over time vs. just miles. Does the 2010 have silver or black wheels?

Good luck!

Silver wheels and it's actually a Vance and Hines CS One pipe.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230125_161233_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230125_161233_Facebook.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 70
Good pipe, they don't make them anymore..good tone, nit too loud. Just right. Love mine..

I would ask if he haste active or passive fob.. the passive fobs are inexpensuve.inexpensive.. not so for the active..

Good pipe, they don't make them anymore..good tone, nit too loud. Just right. Love mine..

I would ask if he haste active or passive fob.. the passive fobs are inexpensuve.inexpensive.. not so for the active..
I asked and he's not sure which one he has. Is there an easy way to tell them apart. From my understanding if he has to use an actual key to start it, that's passive. And if he just turns the black tophat, he must have the active fob?

+1 on the pipe, the most you might have to do someday is repack it with fiberglass or whatever they use. For my Delkevic they sell the kit which works as advertised and easy to do.

Also, when I got my 2012, at a Harley Dealer no less, only Japanese bike in the whole building. It came with only 1 active FOB with key, and one passive fob with small key. Knock on ABS is have not needed to use my e-FOB for anything yet and have replaced the battery twice in about 4 years although they did not need it...

Cheers!

The passive works by placing the unit on a nub on the steering head. The active u keep in ur pocket and activates when ur within 4feet or there abouts. U wanna make certain u leave it in ur pocket some u don't lose it... if u do, and don't have a passive one cloned to ur bike, it's very difficult and expensive to rectify...fwiw..

Thank you very much. I've been busy studying it and ready the sticky thread on the forum. He does indeed have the active fob, so if I get the bike
, I'll line up a couple passive ones.

I bought an extra active fob when buying the bike, glad I did, I've misplaced one from time to time and It's reassuring to have a spare.

The only time I used the passive was to test using it once. Two actives are better,

lot of BS involved if the active fob is lost from what I remember, can they program a new active from a passive ?

Last edited:
Ended up getting the bike for $4500. Pick it up Friday. I'm excited. Two Connie's in my stable now, until the C-10 sells. Thanks everyone for your suggestions and advice.
Yay!!! Congrats on your purchase, looking forward to hearing your first impressions!

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Congratulations!! You will enjoy it for many years! It probably needs to be ridden to the National Rally this year in Canyonville, Oregon! That would be a very good trip! :) :cool:

Ended up getting the bike for $4500. Pick it up Friday. I'm excited. Two Connie's in my stable now, until the C-10 sells. Thanks everyone for your suggestions and advice.

WELL DONE!

The C-10 was a fine bike and could truly stimulate you, but C-14 is completely different and will eliminate the need for a "little blue pill" - forever! Not to mention your friends will wonder why you are now always smiling, and saying I own a Connie will make no sense to them.

Pay close attention when the service dept. at Wherever Kaw programs your new fobs. The procedure for the C14 was new to my local dealer in 20 when I brought them my "new" 19. Computer kept kicking out the fobs that were already in. Be sure to check functionality of each fob separately, while keeping the active fob some distance away (then check it too, with and w/o the battery in it). Be sure they all work before you pay and leave.

I would also recommend bringing the proper-fit screwdriver for the opening slot on the active fob. Dealer destroyed mine; I need a knife blade to open it now. On the plus side, they did recommend a nearby locksmith who did a great job on the little passive-fob keys. Plus I met a guy bringing in a barn-find bike to get a key made.

Remember, stash one of those fobs securely at home, because if you lose them all, it's new computer time (or so I've been told).

Well? His did the pickup go? Have a pic with a big smile?

Where are you located, super frigid air temporarily over large portion of US - hopefully not caught up in that!?

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Congratulations Mike!
Thanks for sharing the pictures of yourselves and your new ride! You'll enjoy riding it and we'll enjoy helping you spend money on farkles! šŸ„³šŸ¤‘

....and speaking of farkles, get urself a fender extender for the front at least. There's a member here that makes nd sells front and rear fender extenders. And think abiut tip over protection. Like the c10, shes a tab top heavy and once they get to that 'oh s#!t' point there's no saving it from the drop. Canyon cages are very hard to find (not made any longer) . Murphs sells some as does T-rex.
Did u figure out whose seat that is?

Congrats...

....and speaking of farkles, get urself a fender extender for the front at least. There's a member here that makes nd sells front and rear fender extenders. And think abiut tip over protection. Like the c10, shes a tab top heavy and once they get to that 'oh s#!t' point there's no saving it from the drop. Canyon cages are very hard to find (not made any longer) . Murphs sells some as does T-rex.
Did u figure out whose seat that is?

Congrats..
I'm thinking this is the fender extension you're talking about? Sorry, it got it a bit dirty yesterday on my inaugural jaunt... šŸ˜œ

Attachments

• 20230206_061117.jpg
    20230206_061117.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 48
I'm thinking this is the fender extension you're talking about? Sorry, it got it a bit dirty yesterday on my inaugural jaunt... šŸ˜œ
Yep, the pictures u posted when u brought her home, looked like it didn't have one on it...
I also have one of Murphs oil filter protection covers on mine....dont want any bbbbad surprises off the road ruining my day. Its take several good dents and I have a fender extender on my bike as well....

Congratulations on your new bike!! I have an older 08 in the fastest color but I have always liked that blue! Very good looking bike!!

See you at the National in June!! :) :cool:

That looks just like my 13 and even without farkles you got a very good deal.I had a 07with 70k onit and it ran like a champ