• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Where can I watch a replay of F1's Canadian Grand Prix?

bajakirch

Crotch Rocket
I know it's four wheels instead of two, but I'm desperate.

Today I sat down to watch the Montreal race on NBC, but instead found extended coverage of the Florida shooting. I was a little disappointed, but I knew the race would be rebroadcast on NBC-SN in the evening. I set my TiVO and didn't worry about it.

Tonight I watched what recorded and there was no F1 - it was effing golf and college wrestling.ย  :mad:

Alright, I guess I'll join the digital age and watch the full replay on NBC's website. Only when I click on the replay, nothing happens. Oh, and while searching out answers, it proved impossible to not learn the outcome.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I sat down to watch it at 5:00 PT only to get the stupid golf tournament. There was a scroll that said there'd be an encore showing on Monday, but I can't find it in Dierectv's guide. Holding my breath because I heard it was a good race.

Attachments

• Sportbikes are.jpg
    Sportbikes are.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 102
I just checked tvracer.com and there is no listing for a replay in regular programing for Monday. Doesn't mean there won't be one...

Yeah, I checked for upcoming rebroadcasts too, and found nothing listed in my TiVo directory.

I kept NBC on for about 30 minutes to see if they'd break away to the race, but saw no sign of the news coverage ending. And I didn't notice any crawler stating it was going to be rebroadcast at another time. Sort of surprising, as NBC obviously thought the race was important enough to give it time on the mothership rather than keeping it on NBC-SN.

Also, I think I discovered the problem with the online viewing. Apparently you need to sign up for it, and it's only available to certain cable subscribers. While my cable company was listed, I couldn't get the sign-up procedure to activate. I'm thinking maybe it was because of the big game that was being played last night; it maybe slowed down their servers. I'll try again tonight -- if that doesn't work, I guess I'll give up...but I'll be sending a 'strongly worded message' to NBC.

I haven't had cable in almost 20 years and ALL I miss is Motorsports.

I'd love to watch more racing online - but it's not as easy as finding a dumb movie or documentary on Netflix/Amazon/whatever. I've waited patiently for a speed tv type online channel and I would gladly pay for it.

Oh wellย  :'(

ConnieUSA said:
This one seems to be better. It has the videos for whole weekend.
Race Part 1 and 2 are at the bottom of the page. It's loading kinda slow on my PC now.
But it's watchable.ย  :great:

http://burningwhee1s.blogspot.fr/2016/06/f0rul-1-rund-7-canada.html

Just got home and was so anxious to try that link. It's working! Thank you - I'm about to have a mid day siesta to remember! Worked all morning, picked up some sweet rally art for Helen and have some wiring to do in my garage. But that can wait til the sun moves a little west of the willow tree that makes the garage easier to be in on a day like this.

Thank you ConnieUSA ๐ŸโœŒ๐Ÿฝ๏ธ๐ŸโœŒ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ

Oy, that was painful. I don't think that blog site is optimized to serve video (a blog on a server in France running Russian software? Ohhh-kaaayy. And both F1 and Dorna-MotoGP have served him with take down notices)

Went back to the NBC site and got the videos to run on IE11, but they wouldn't run with Chrome. Wats up wit dat?

Best part was the watching the post race interview with that whiny little jerk Rosberg. In the race in Spain, he deliberately ran Hamilton into the grass, and this time he turned into Hamilton in turn 1 and then blamed Hamilton for not giving him room when Hamilton had the line. Rosberg was a jerk when he first came into F1, but had settled down over the last year and a half. Now it seems the true Rosberg has always been lurking. He's a good racer, but when he doesn't get his way...

Fais said:
ConnieUSA said:
This one seems to be better. It has the videos for whole weekend.
Race Part 1 and 2 are at the bottom of the page. It's loading kinda slow on my PC now.
But it's watchable.ย  :great:

http://burningwhee1s.blogspot.fr/2016/06/f0rul-1-rund-7-canada.html

Just got home and was so anxious to try that link. It's working! Thank you - I'm about to have a mid day siesta to remember! Worked all morning, picked up some sweet rally art for Helen and have some wiring to do in my garage. But that can wait til the sun moves a little west of the willow tree that makes the garage easier to be in on a day like this.

Thank you ConnieUSA ๐ŸโœŒ๐Ÿฝ๏ธ๐ŸโœŒ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ

Glad it worked Fais. I was able to watch at home as well. Bookmarked that site already.ย  :)