• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Where do you mount your GoPro?

MrSkydriver

Road Bike
I would like some ideas on mounting my GoPro facing forward.  It appears the rack is good for following view.

Thanks,
Gregg

I use my suction cup and attach the fairing just in front of my knee.
You can tether it if it makes you feel more comfortable, but it has not fallen off yet.

I found that there is too much vibration if I don't mount it on my helmet. Doesn't anyone else find the same?

I have yet to find a good location for the camera on the C10's, just too much vibration - either low amplitude, high freq vibes on places like the handlebars, or high amplitude, low freq vibes on the body panels. I'd like to try making a solid mount to the frame, but haven't gotten around to it.

The C14 has lots of options for mounting because there is less vibration in the body panels, and even the dash. Haven't tried the bars yet, but there's a guy in Italy, MGvalerio, who's done a bar end mount and gets very good results. You can find examples of his stuff on Youtube, or "the other" site. But Youtube is easier to search.

I have also used a Chesty, but the best I can get is looking through the shield.
It works though.
I have also mounted mine on my C-14 on the shield. This may work on the C-10.

Helmet mounts give a nice, steady shot. But it's harder to include the bike in the frame, and if you tend to look around a lot, the view can be disconcerting.

Check my youtube channel in my sig for examples. The bike vids are from the side of the fairing, the quad vids are from the helmet mount.

Check out Old Man on a Connie's video post on the NW Rides section...2013 Rally Recon Trip...I didn't notice how he had it mounted, but, the video seemed very stable...I'm sure he would share his knowledge... :motonoises:

I don't have a GoPro, I use a different flavor.  But I've got it mounted on a RAM mount by the clutch reservoir.  I don't have a mountable GPS yet so this works for now. 

Here's a short vid with the view.  Don't mind the rattle, it has to do with this particular camera and it's mount. 

http://youtu.be/AiMNHTEHRkU

Thanks for all the advice!  I think I'll try the mirror mount next to the clutch res... :great:

Doing a ride with Redwood Riders Sat. from Santa Rosa to Gualala.  That will probably be mostly Hwy. 1.  Hopefully have it ready by then..... :motonoises:

Gregg

C14
gopro4.jpg

gopro3.jpg