• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Where Is Everybody?

charlie gary

"Special" Assistant to the NWAD
In years past I've seen people posting complaints about nothing going on, so this year we've made a concerted effort to increase the activity count on the calendar.  We've had a ride scheduled every third weekend of the month, and while attendance at all of them has been weak (the most attendees was five in May) this month set a new low with only one person showing up for the Mount Baker ride.  We've had two weekend rallies after the Bun Cooler, and each rally had seven people show up.  Currently there are only three people registerd for Ride the Ribbon.
  Where is everybody?  I have to admit I'm a little bummed about the amount of door prizes I have to take back home with me.

Well I have a good reason , my best friend has been dragging me to every riding event . He's the national president of CVI (Combat Veterns INternational) motorcycle club . In the past 5 months I've put nearly 7000 miles on Conrad  :eek: attending these events all over western Wa . On the upside I'm almost got him to a point where he might buy a Concours , he now oggles mine when we work on it in his shop  :) .

What time were you there?  The guy leading the ride said the same thing about nobody showing up.

D'oh! I just comprehended what I read.  They didn't show at the lunch stop because nobody showed at the breakfast spot.  Wayne had just done the ride a few days before, so he didn't want to do it again if there wasn't anybody else to go along.

Well I know that family commitments keep eating up all my free time and weekends.  I really want to try and make it to some of these events but something else always comes in the way.  I guess that is the downside of still having three school aged kids at home and a 50-60 hour a week job.  Not a lot of time for much else.

At this point I'm pretty firm with my family that I'm going at least meet for the upcoming tech session.  The regional and i-hop we'll have to see.

I-hop sounds amazing BTW.  Only been to those islands once (by car and camping with the family), and would love to go back.

Given that I'm likely one of the younger riders on here and not retired, what's everyone else's excuse? </troll> ;)