• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Who has the best prices on tires these days?

Fred H.

Just curious where you guys are ordering your tires from these days and who has the best prices?

Thanks. Had never used Sport bike before . I priced RS 3s at Chaparral,Sport bikes, Motorsports and RevZilla. All were 263 a pair except RevZilla at 347. Not sure why that is.
Cycle gear is also at 348. Maybe I am looking at 2 different tires?

Been ordering from American Moto Tire.

Just tried 2 Wheel.

They seem to be cheaper than the other for the same item.

I just got a set of Metzeler Roadtech Z8's from Revzilla for $260.

My front tire arrived today and has a date code stamp of 05/2021 so apparently Metzeler is still making these tires alongside their other Roadtech series tires. That's good news, because these are great tires at a pretty low price, and they really stick in the wet.

Last edited:
I just got a set of Metzeler Roadtech Z8's from Revzilla for $260.

My front tire arrived today and has a date code stamp of 05/2021 so apparently Metzeler is still making these tires alongside their other Roadtech series tires. That's good news, because these are great tires at a pretty low price, and they really stick in the wet.
What spec are you using Fred ?

I've been pleasantly surprised at the prices on Amazon. ~$180 for a set + $55 to mount & balance the rear I have new ContiMotions on front+back and they seem to handle just fine. I hit 140 this weekend (on a closed circuit of course) and had no stress. No scrub-in required.

I did notice that the 190 Continental is visibly narrower (by about 1/4") than the 190 Battlaxes, but I'm happy to have the fresh meat on the ground. They seem stickier and I feel more confident with these than I did with the Battlaxes.

I got my first set off ContiMotions last year from Bike Bandit, and my second set this year from Cycle Gear. I got approximately 10K from the first set, but the second set are already tired at 7K and I am about to park my bike for the season. Once she is parked, I will break out my calculator and get the exact mileage for the current set. But in all fairness to the Continental tires, last year my Connie was new to me and I had not been riding for close to 10 years, so I my commutes were somewhat slower. This year I am well acquainted with Connie and we tend to let it hang out a bit more going up and down the mountain each a day, and I am none to shy about making a high speed pass or two when I run into a line of slower vehicles and have a safe stretch to pass on. :devilish: More than once the front wheel has gotten airborne in the power band which I find astounding, and it is definitely due to the grippy rear tire. A Connie is not a lightweight machine and even more so with my bulk on her!:LOL:

I got my first set off ContiMotions last year from Bike Bandit, and my second set this year from Cycle Gear. I got approximately 10K from the first set, but the second set are already tired at 7K and I am about to park my bike for the season. Once she is parked, I will break out my calculator and get the exact mileage for the current set. But in all fairness to the Continental tires, last year my Connie was new to me and I had not been riding for close to 10 years, so I my commutes were somewhat slower. This year I am well acquainted with Connie and we tend to let it hang out a bit more going up and down the mountain each a day, and I am none to shy about making a high speed pass or two when I run into a line of slower vehicles and have a safe stretch to pass on. :devilish: More than once the front wheel has gotten airborne in the power band which I find astounding, and it is definitely due to the grippy rear tire. A Connie is not a lightweight machine and even more so with my bulk on her!:LOL:

I've heard from others that the ContiMotions barely last 2K miles on this bike.

Guess it depends on where they're riding (track?, gnarly road surfaces like TX336?, etc) and HOW they're riding. LOL

I'll let y'all know how long these last. I installed the front at 8k and the rear at 8.5k miles. I'll probably ride throughout the winter, except for deep freezes or near freezing + rain. We have a LOT of bridges and flyovers here in Houston that will be dangerous.

Guess it depends on where they're riding (track?, gnarly road surfaces like TX336?, etc) and HOW they're riding. LOL

I'll let y'all know how long these last.

Good luck with those. I tried a set, they lasted me 1,900 miles & were toast. A fellow cogger mounted up a set while here then rode one day in Ar & then headed 800 miles back home to MN, he reported he got 2,200 out of his. So at least 800 of his was easy highway miles (assuming), can't speak for the balance of them.

The only thing I would caution people about buying tires from Amazon is to check the date codes on the tires the day they are delivered. I've had a few customers show up with tires that were purchased thru Amazon with 3+ year old date codes on them. Try to make sure the online store will take them back if the date codes are more than 2 years, or offer a 20% discount/refund.

The last time I discussed ContiMotions with my results vs theirs it did not go so well. All I can report is my own results and I let other people say what they say because it has no impact on my results. At the end of the day, the odometer tells the story and I have a photo of the before and after to document the event.