• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Who's going to the National Rally from the SW

Motomaniac

COG Southwest Area Director
Good Morning All,

Is anyone thinking or going to the National Rally in Williamsport, Pennsylvania this year from July 22-26? As the new Area Director here I have thought about it and I know I should represent our area but it is 2600 miles from my home here in southern California. I would like to ride it but it would be over 5,000 miles just going back and forth! I know some trailer their bikes...so are there any riders thinking about going or are going for it? Inquiring minds want to know?

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :great:

Oh Smack! Alrighty then. Registered and room reserved for the Nat in PA. Going to stay north on the way out and looking at staying farther north on the way home. 5 days out and 5 back from Hendo NV. Who wants to dance along the way? Day 1 Hendo to Rifle CO. Day 2 Rifle to Lincoln NB. 5 to 600 mile days. Let's play Russ!  :beerchug: :motonoises:

:)) :)) :)) :)) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nananana: :nananana: :nananana: :rotflmao:

or Y'all can probably get your bikes on the "trailer" with TED... >:D >:D

just sayin'...  a little "Silver Dammit Rally" joke... :motonoises: :motonoises: ;)

Old Man on a Connie said:
Well? Were waiting??????????????

We need someone to figure out how to post up the Judge Smails scene.  Alas, my digital-image-fu is weak.  Paging the cartoonist...  ;D

So here is what I'm thinking (yes I realize that is a dangerous thang). Thurs Hendo NV to Rifle CO. Friday Rifle CO to Lincoln NB. Sat Lincoln NB to South Bend IN. Sun into Williamsport

CaffeineMan said:

We need someone to figure out how to post up the Judge Smails scene.  Alas, my digital-image-fu is weak.  Paging the cartoonist...  ;D

your wish has been fulfilled,,,

vVt9ZflEQplKefIfk4Ers6pbFFzvBPrPed_3k0f507U.gif

So here is what I'm thinking (yes I realize that is a dangerous thang). Thurs Hendo NV to Rifle CO. Friday Rifle CO to Lincoln NB. Sat Lincoln NB to South Bend IN. Sun into Williamsport
stop at my house at 9 a.m. Sunday morn, on your way thru the north coast, and I'll ride with you and show you some fun (non slab)roads from Ohio, to R/C  :great: :motonoises:

It IS on your way..... :))  and I'll make sure we have Dunkin' Donuts and coffee...

MAN OF BLUES said:
CaffeineMan said:

your wish has been fulfilled,,,

vVt9ZflEQplKefIfk4Ers6pbFFzvBPrPed_3k0f507U.gif

stop at my house at 9 a.m. Sunday morn, on your way thru the north coast, and I'll ride with you and show you some fun (non slab)roads from Ohio, to R/C  :great: :motonoises:

It IS on your way..... :))  and I'll make sure we have Dunkin' Donuts and coffee...
Entered into the trip log. I like donuts.

Thanks MoB!

Love me some Judge Smails.  I need to go on what I refer to as the Judge Smails Diet:  "You'll get nothing and like it!"  :rotflmao:

OMC...my wife has given me the ok to go with you to the National....I just do not know if I want to go yet... :) I know I need to make a decision pretty soon! 2600 miles each way from here! Who else from the SW is thinking of going or is going?

:motonoises:  :motonoises:    :beerchug:

You know I’d love to but that’s pretty far and being gone that long is a tough one. We would definitely have fun doing it.

Just got back Minnesota to Hyder AK, and back two up with my lovely bride. 6600 miles in 15 days. Speed limit in Canada 60 mph or less. What are you waiting for ?

:) :) You are right Jeff! Long road trips are fun! Of course I would rather stay in the mountains than the Great Plains! We'll see!!

I was (am) trying to get to the national in PA - but so far life is not cooperating. So it is not likely.

But I haven't given up yet.

MAN OF BLUES said:
:)) :)) :)) :)) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nananana: :nananana: :nananana: :rotflmao:

just sayin'...  a little "Silver Dammit Rally" joke... :motonoises: :motonoises: ;)

That's ok. Pick on me. I can take it.  :-X

Errr, To those that ain't goin' because it's "tuuoooo faaarrrrr",,,  :104:

Yea, I admit it. "I trailer", but "I'll" be there!!   {thinkaboutit}  :nananana:

NOTE: I think this will be my 14th or 15th National..   :celebrate:

How many have "you" been to? :pokestick:
                                        :s_laugh:

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
MAN OF BLUES said:

That's ok. Pick on me. I can take it.  :-X

Errr, To those that ain't goin' because it's "tuuoooo faaarrrrr",,,  :104:

Yea, I admit it. "I trailer", but "I'll" be there!!   {thinkaboutit}  :nananana:

NOTE: I think this will be my 14th or 15th National..   :celebrate:

How many have "you" been  Trailered your bike to? :pokestick:
                                        :s_laugh:

Ride safe, Ted

:)) :)) :)) :)) :rotflmao: :nananana: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :beerchug: :great:
It's ok Ted... FIFY... and we all understand "trailer queens", vs trailering 400 miles when ya can get there in a couple hours... big difference... not putting ya down; I know a few people, who's bikes I helped unload, from trailers at more than one rally... that were "just a day ride" from R/C... even I confess, at the '07 I had my wife "drive" our truck, but only to carry the massive tools and compressor, so I could do a "tech day".. i rode.. she drove, all good.. same with a few other "rides" we had, I rode, she drove.. and had she not, some folks would never have gotten their crashed bikes home..  :-X :-X

"Get your foot off the Trailer, Spaulding"... heheheheheh another Judge Smails quote..

I've heard too many stories about trailering with Ted. We'll leave it at that.

giphy.gif

And I'd attend the national if i could get away from all the ruckus.

giphy.gif

ohhhhh heck Harry... now you went and done it.....  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :-\ :-\ :-\

I really don't care even if you hitch-hike there. I go to the national to see the people I hardly ever get to see and to meet the people I have never met before.

Aww, that's ok. I can take it.

I'm with Jeff. I go to the National's to meet some of my best friends. {that I've never met before}  ;)

NOTE:I always try to unload the trailer at the front door when I get there.
              {so they can pick on me and get it out of their system} :great:.
        Then {after the Nat'l} I reload out front. Particularly when it's raining.
            Often, the same people are watching, but they ain't pickin' so much.. <evil grin>.

See ya'll there.
        Ride safe, Ted

PS: Did I mention that my trailer is always available to pick up COGgers that break down while we're there.
      And I bring tools/tires for those that need assistance. {and cold TeXaS b__r}
        {thinkaboutthattoo,whileyourpickin'} <another evil grin>  >:D

Hey MOB/Harry...  :nananana: :nananana:

I won't have your Flavor. {ie; New}
  I will have C-14 and mebbe C-10 size in emergency get home tires… {ie; used}

NOTE: If some want to order spares and have them shipped to my house, I could bring them for you.
          Just PM me to set it up.

Ride safe, Ted

You do not have to wait any longer!! I am going to the National!! Should be quite the adventure coming from California!!

See you all there!!

The SW is a coming. Riding hard, riding far. Fun shall ensue. Pending tornadoes and rain storms (of which this group of riders is not unfamiliar with). Stories shall be recorded and embarrassing moments noted to history. Looking forward to this run.

If it were me, this time of year(HOT). I would swing north into Montana and pickup highway 2 all the way into the U.P. of Michigan. You would have the choice of either entering Canada, or heading south and missing all that BS on the south end of Lake Michigan. Kansas,Nebraska, South Dakota will be very very hot.
If you do take highway 2, stop in Fort Peck, Montana. There is a cool motel/bar/restaurant, pretty reasonable as well. But call ahead. It is called the Fort Peck Hotel.

In any case have a safe trip.

ZG/ZN Kim said:
If it were me, this time of year(HOT). I would swing north into Montana and pickup highway 2 all the way into the U.P. of Michigan. You would have the choice of either entering Canada, or heading south and missing all that BS on the south end of Lake Michigan. Kansas,Nebraska, South Dakota will be very very hot.
If you do take highway 2, stop in Fort Peck, Montana. There is a cool motel/bar/restaurant, pretty reasonable as well. But call ahead. It is called the Fort Peck Hotel.

In any case have a safe trip.
Thanks Bud. Looking to stay north as far as possible. Cain't cross to Canada due to fire arm regs  :'( But trying to stay as cool as possible. Heck, heat? Beats the hell out of KS, TX and OK. Not to mention the Mojave in NV. Shall be early morn departures. PS Humidity sux's.

Well the ones leaving from Cali  at least you will know what a good price for gas is as you travel across this great nation of ours :great:

Pittsburgh_Clem said:
Well the ones leaving from Cali  at least you will know what a good price for gas is as you travel across this great nation of ours :great:
just bought Diesel in rural NV. $2.89/gal. I pretty much did a dance. And no you do not want to see it.

Thanks Bud. Looking to stay north as far as possible. Cain't cross to Canada due to fire arm regs  :'( But trying to stay as cool as possible. Heck, heat? Beats the hell out of KS, TX and OK. Not to mention the Mojave in NV. Shall be early morn departures. PS Humidity sux's.
[/quote]

;)  LEOSA!!!!!!!

Great National Rally! Fantastic job by the Northeast team! On the road for 16 days and 15 nights going cross country and back with a little over 7,000 miles ridden! This country is beautiful and though I love California and the Southwest, Every state has some great stuff to see! Enjoyed our time in Williamsport and saw quite a bit of the area surrounding it. Just beautiful!

Thank you to Mark Hartman and Keith Williams my riding partners! They are the just great persons to ride with! We saw a lot of heat, humidity, rain, hail, wind and sunshine!! We had a plan and nothing was going to stop us!! They are the best!  See you all in Vancouver, Washington next year!!

Rusty said:
Great National Rally! Fantastic job by the Northeast team! On the road for 16 days and 15 nights going cross country and back with a little over 7,000 miles ridden! This country is beautiful and though I love California and the Southwest, Every state has some great stuff to see! Enjoyed our time in Williamsport and saw quite a bit of the area surrounding it. Just beautiful!

Thank you to Mark Hartman and Keith Williams my riding partners! They are the just great persons to ride with! We saw a lot of heat, humidity, rain, hail, wind and sunshine!! We had a plan and nothing was going to stop us!! They are the best!  See you all in Vancouver, Washington next year!!
Harumf Harumf. Great adventure!  :motonoises: :great: :beerchug: C U in Devils Cut Brother.