• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Why was thread locked after posting?

Konehead34

A recent review of a ecu flash was immediately locked with no additional comments allowed. I know im not the only one wondering why, and would like to hear the reasoning behind the locking of that thread, and what moderator made that decision to do so.

A recent review of a ecu flash was immediately locked with no additional comments allowed. I know im not the only one wondering why, and would like to hear the reasoning behind the locking of that thread, and what moderator made that decision to do so.
When they industry vendors each got a space reserved just for them a couple of years ago, the board also decided that product reviews of their products would be kept in each vendor’s space instead of the open forum.

It was also decided that since reviews are personal opinions that the poster is entitled to hold without attack, that comments on personal opinions (Re products) would not be allowed.

I don’t know who did it, but that’s probably why.

This explains it: