• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Wide World of Sports - Superbikers

That's great and historic footage, Hogboy. Thanks for putting it up.

I fondly remember watching Wide World Of Sports as a kid in the early 70s, especially that dramatic intro with the skier going down, ass-over-tea-kettle (ouch!).

I had to turn our TV antenna southwest, across the lake to pick up WKBW from Buffalo. Good memories.

Simon

Nice!  Cool blast from the past, especially liked the interviews with Carr and Lawson.  Great action in the second part, where Shobert, Carr and others were duking it out in a four bike scrum.  We actually had a Supermoto event here in downtown Columbus back around 2003 or 2004, but I was just getting back into riding at that time and wasn't even aware of the series or type of racing.  Too bad the motards didn't make the cut in the long run, seems in hindsight like a form of racing that could appeal to all riders and fans of all disciplines.  There's alot of similarity in those bikes to today's upright adventure bikes- Strom's, Multi's, GS'es and F's, Tenere's and others, seems like!