• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Wildflower Ride 2014

Fred H.

I added the ride to the calendar today. It is scheduled for the weekend of April 5th at the River Inn Resort near Hunt. Rooms are $85 a night, and $125 for two bedroom units. We will have catered BBQ Saturday night.

Fred,

Pamela and I are registered on the Calendar! Thanks for putting this together!

Craig

Hello guys,

This is Mo and we would love to come and join the fun. This will be our first rally and looking forward to meeting new people. If anyone has any tips or additional info please holler at me. Take care and God Bless.

Mo

Mo said:
Hello guys,

This is Mo and we would love to come and join the fun. This will be our first rally and looking forward to meeting new people. If anyone has any tips or additional info please holler at me. Take care and God Bless.

Mo

Here is a tip. Bring your own coffee for the mornings. The River Inn supplies a coffee pot (and a full kitchen) but no coffee. You might also want to bring some snacks for Friday and Saturday night. We typically will sit out by the river after the days ride and share chips and dips and snacks and beverages.

Welcome Mo and all.
I look forward to trying my hand at making it to the Wildflower alive one more time.  I know my track record at arriving alive is sketchy at best, but...  ::)

Lord willin' I'll be there on the Blue Gnu Bike, I don't envision the Turbo to be back up and running quite yet.  Oughta be a good time.  Hope to bring the missus again if she can get off work a coupla days.  :great:

He made it last year, so I want him to make it again this year to see if I can get him to spend more money than he did last year.    :nananana:

Rev Ryder said:
Welcome Mo and all.
I look forward to trying my hand at making it to the Wildflower alive one more time.  I know my track record at arriving alive is sketchy at best, but...  ::)

Lord willin' I'll be there on the Blue Gnu Bike, I don't envision the Turbo to be back up and running quite yet.  Oughta be a good time.  Hope to bring the missus again if she can get off work a coupla days.  :great:

Hopefully. he will pay more attention to who he passes....and the posted speed limits

statetrooper.jpg

C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:)

gr33nmAn

kv5e said:
Rev Ryder said:
Welcome Mo and all.

Hopefully. he will pay more attention to who he passes....and the posted speed limits

statetrooper.jpg

C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:) C:)

gr33nmAn

Yeah, I'll ride with the fast group instead of Fred. LOL 

I think it is going to work with my schedule :great: I'm 90% in, but went ahead and reserved room for Fri and Sat nights!

connie_rider said:
If anyone cares?  I plan to be there.
Rev sed I could ride his turbo!!!

Ride safe, Ted
Won't be no turbo ready Ted.  But you can ride the Blu Gnu.  :beerchug:

Hi everybody! I'm glad to say that I am registered and am going to make this ride. Never been in that area of the state but I am highly excited!  :) 

Looking forward to seeing all of you there.  :great: :beerchug:

Curtis! Glad to see you signed up and it's a great venue and the roads are hard to beat.  :motonoises:

Looking forward to seeing you again at Big Bend! :great:

Craig

Getting closer and me and my fiance can't wait. This will  our first rally/ride with the group. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Mo

I just remembered to arrange my room.
Yes, i know I are a dummy..

Fred, to assure you know number for the caterer, I'll go to COG site and check in. But,,fyi; I'm coming with wife...

To all that haven't arranged their rooms yet,,,,,,,
The River Inn told me that "all the rooms Fred had alloted" (15) are booked,
      but they are still putting COGgers in other rooms that are available.
            Have only a few remaining...

Book your room now, or be disappointed!!!    ;)

Hint, hint,,, (Rev)  :-[

Ride safe, Ted

Important Update::::

errrrr, Rev Sed,, Ted's right  :rotflmao:

Later Rev sed:  (I never said that. If you say I said that, I'll deny it.)
    :29:  :s_laugh: :p :85: :19:

Do I not have a room yet?  Well, probably not.  I reckon Ted's right (I never said that. If you say I said that I'll deny it.) and I need to deal wit it.  ;D

Based on work schedule, I am considering leaving Thursday afternoon and riding part way and grabbing some BBQ at Coopers in Llano and staying somewhere in the area - might even consider camping. If that doesn't work, I'll probably head out of Fort Worth after traffic dies down on Friday morning. If anyone up this way wants a riding partner, please let me know and we can coordinate. Don't really have a strong preference on leaving either day, so whatever works.

I also just bought a new GoPro Hero 3, and will bringing it along for the weekend. So if you want to star in my first motorcycle action video, now is your chance!

Well as much as I hate to say this, This will be the first year in a while that I am going to miss the Wildflower ride. I am working on adding a bedroom and bathroom onto the house due to our son and his family moving back to Texas from Australia. I am up to my a** in this construction project and there is no way I will or can have it completed by then. Sure hate to miss those roads and of course the working on somebodies bike in the parking lot thing. Sorry Ted you will have to take over the full parking lot mechanic duties. Looks like the national will be my first ride of 2014. Ted I know you will miss me not being at Wildflower but it will be Ok.

I too will likely take off Thursday early and ride on up too.  When's Ted riding, er, towing up?  :D

I'm signed up but haven't gotten off my backside and reserved a room, does anyone know if they have any left?

Mo

They told me last week that they would continue to give rooms to COGgers (at the discount rate) as long as they could.
So, I think they still have rooms but you need to hurry!

Ride safe, Ted

Anybody know what time events/rides will start on Saturday? My fiance and I won't be arriving till late morning on Saturday? Thanks for the info and room is now confirmed.

Mo

Mo, I'm not an official organizer, but to your question, my guess is that there is no set time when riders will leave on Saturday. If like the other rides I've attended, groups of varying sizes will gather in the morning for breakfast and determine from there where they'll go. It won't be the crack of dawn, but will be early enough to get in a full day of riding.

Just a  thought, but if you get checked in and no one is around, head over to Leakey. It is the hub of the three sisters and eventually a COG group will pass through.

+1
As a past host and having been to about 10 wildflower rides Chip is correct.  We do not have organized rides.  The gathering at night is usually the only time to be all together.  I ride alone with the SO most of the time but that is me.  Others are willing to form groups and let new riders join in but most of that planning happens Friday night or impromptu Saturday morning.  I always have maps, a plan on where I want to go at any COG event.  Chip is also correct about Leakey, most end up there for lunch or at the motorcycle museum but I think that cafe has closed.

PS:  If you arrive to late to really make it out to the 337/336/335 sisters area just ride up and down the road that passes the resort or head over and do 16 south of Kerville.

Yeah, just git out and ride. Almost any direction will give you some good roads to ride.  Folks will actually start filtering back into the resort about 3 or 4 in the afternoon.  Friday and Saturday are really kinda the main days culminating with the big feed and lie swapping fest on Saturday night.

Ok guys thanks for the info, were going to try and get there by 9 ish. Out of curiosity does anyone have a list of roads they would recommend? I realize most if not all are good road

Mo

Mo said:
Ok guys thanks for the info, were going to try and get there by 9 ish. Out of curiosity does anyone have a list of roads they would recommend? I realize most if not all are good road

Mo

FM 335, 336, 337 otherwise known as the Three Sisters.  In hind sight, they may be Ranch Roads and not FM's.

Three Sisters, Texas 2012

Not my film,,, just found it on Youtube

Bad video, good road.  Unless you scare easy.  :motonoises:

That is 337 from Vanderpool to Leakey

Mo (and others) DO, be sure to bring your Fiancé/wife/significant other.
The River Inn is a favorite of the ladies, and the visiting/lie swapping/BBQ/dinner/ear twistin'/bench racin'/foo-fer-aww,,, that goes on every day (and most of the night) is a must for everyone to get to know one another.
Fishing., swimming, wading are other options when your not riding.

Bring some chips, your favorite beverage, burgers or wieners, for the nightly  gathering. If you drink coffee, bring it,,, because the River Inn is a long ride to a quick restaurant..
Gathering in the parking lot happens every day (mostly to repair Revs bike) but sometimes others, (like mine). Wrench turnin' and tire kicking are a must!

Other than that, it's pretty boring.

If you arrive late, someone will probably be around,  Coopers BBQ  in Llano might be where we end up for lunch, but ya never know where well be... Other than we'll definitely be on "the Sisters"...  (I meant that cleanly)

PS: Ok Craig, where can I get that T shirt?

Rude safe, Ted

He means these Sisters!!! :72:

98f9b9bd-0f5c-4b4a-8643-710df3f0d861.jpg

gr33nmAn

Hasn't been any discussion on this Event in some time. Thought I would do a post so that others might be aware that the event is coming up.
If anyone sees this and lives near enough to (Kerrville Tx.) to  attend,,, "come ride with us"!

Ride safe, Ted

I'm in for sure, reservation has been made and confirmed. Sarah and I will be arriving on Saturday around 9 ish leaving from the coast bright and early. We'
re looking forward to meeting everyone. Take care and safe travels there.

Mo

Mo, (and other first timers to River Inn) ,, when you get to Hunt Texas,, continue down the road towards the River Inn.
(You'r gonna like this road!)
I  will seem like you've gone so far that you've missed the place. But keep going. You'll find it at River Inn Crossing, on the right...

I can not put into words how much I am looking forward to this!

Last Fall I took a job out of state and got almost zero riding in through the end of the year. The job didn't work out, and I had not moved the family yet, so found a new gig back in Fort Worth and came home, but to the coldest winter I can remember since the early 80s. It is unusual for me to not ride a lot during January and February, but this year I got just a few short rides in around work, family, and weather. March has been better, but schedule has not allowed any significant riding.

I am so in need of a motorcycle getaway it is making me crazy! Come on April!!!!!

I just watched (Fred's) Twisted Sister Video again,,, c'mon April!!!!  :mad:

I talked to another guy yesterday who might be interested in coming.
NOTE: He's a Harley Rider and a good guy.
          being a NICE GUY MYSELF,,, I suggested that he bring a friend to ride with
          (as he might not be able to ride the twisties with us)...  ;)  <EVIL GRIN>

Does anyone know if there are still any rooms available?

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
I just watched (Fred's) Twisted Sister Video again,,, c'mon April!!!!  :mad:

I talked to another guy yesterday who might be interested in coming.
NOTE: He's a Harley Rider and a good guy.
          being a NICE GUY MYSELF,,, I suggested that he bring a friend to ride with
          (as he might not be able to ride the twisties with us)...  ;)  <EVIL GRIN>

Does anyone know if there are still any rooms available?

Ride safe, Ted

I've got some more videos on YouTube if you want to watch them.

Here are a couple.

Hwy 152

Lassen Park

Not sure if anyone would be interested but I'm willing to give my number out to anyone who would like it for emergency purposes. I wouldn't mind having a few for myself. If this sounds like a good idea PM me and we'll exchange numbers. Thanks and take care.

Mo

Mo said:
Not sure if anyone would be interested but I'm willing to give my number out to anyone who would like it for emergency purposes. I wouldn't mind having a few for myself. If this sounds like a good idea PM me and we'll exchange numbers. Thanks and take care.

Mo

Mo, just to make you and anyone else attending any COG event aware, all the COG officers have access to the emergency contact information that should be listed in your COG profile.  Even if a non member registers for the event, emergency contact information is asked for during the registration process.  Everyone needs to make sure this information is up to date in there COG profile. 

To check your COG profile to make sure it is up to date log onto www.cog-online.org  Click on "Members Links" in the menu at the top of the page.  Select "My Info" and that will take you to your profile information.  If you make any changes, make sure you click on "Actions" at the top of the page and then click "save"

Fred Boothe
SCAD

Is anyone attending this ride coming from anywhere close to Copperas Cove? I have to be there for a meeting on Monday morning April 7th, and instead of riding all the way back to Fort Worth, would like ship a box with a suit and clothes to someone in the area, and then just ride back over that way on Sunday, pick up my clothes, and stay in an area hotel. Alternatives are to come home, re-pack, and then drive down late Sunday evening, or figure out how to pack a suit on the bike and still look presentable Monday morning.

All help appreciated!

Never mind - the best laid plans and all, and as much as I am need of a long ride, I decided to do something I have never done on a ride like this, and found a trailer and will be trailering down instead of riding. I just could not figure out how to get to Monday meeting and look presentable in suit and tie on the bike. Plus, if it the weather were to turn bad, it would cause all kinds of stress. Oh well, I still plan to be at the Inn early afternoon on Friday. I'm still looking forward to it, just going to miss the time down and back from Fort Worth.

DALroo

Necron99    arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!  :mad:

Dalroo, don't sweat the trailer. (I will also be trailering)

They will abuse us when we arrive. " They always do".

Just smile, reach in the cooler in your VEHICLE, and get out a cold beer.
Then,,, casually mention that they can have one,,,,  after they SHUT UP and  help you unload.  ;)

Besides,,, they normally cry when we leave to go home, and they have a long ride home. (and sometimes,, it's raining).

Rev, (before you say something about me trailering) hush up and work on your bike!!  :p

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Nelcrow    arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!  :mad:
Nelcrow???  Necron99, you have to forgive him.  I think Ted's been in the potato squeezins again. We more sober folks will miss you too.

Some more than others.  Repeat offenders in particular.

Just smile, reach in the cooler in your VEHICLE, and get out a cold beer.
Then,,, casually mention that they can have one,,,,  after they SHUT UP and  help you unload.  ;)
Shiner Bock only please.  None of that sissy stuff Ted drinks.

Besides,,, they normally cry when we leave to go home, and they have a long ride home. (and sometimes,, it's raining).
Only cry to leave good friends behind.  Well, I cry that Ted doesn't get to enjoy the rain too.

Rev, (before you say something about me trailering) hush up and work on your bike!!  :p
Just got the refrigerator fixed.  Now it's out to the shop fer a few hours.

Ride TRAILER safe, Ted
There, fixed it fer ya.

Thankzzz Rev..........

Now,,, get off the computer, and "get ta work on that turbo"!!!    :nananana: :nananana: :nananana: :rotflmao:

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Necron99    arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!  :mad:

TRAILER   equals

fluffy_cat_persian.jpg

'nuff said.......however Dalroo has a legitimate reason to trailer so he gets a Mulligan.

You always trailer everywhere Ted........... ;D

I see no reason to wait until you arrive!!!!! :nananana:

Necron99 said:
I am out, unfortunately.

Hmmm..that is disappointing...I was hoping for a demo of the two finger barefoot centerstand thingy. I also wanted to see
the steel insert you obviously have imbedded in the ball of your right foot. Maybe at the National?

connie_rider said:

Heh heh heh... >:D  sharpening the abuse tools now, except for the ones that are purposely left dull for improved pain effectiveness.
meowwwww. Who's bringing the Puss-'n'-Boots chili for those that trailer?  :nananana:

Gee, you guys (ie: ya'll) are having fun!!  :)

Why is his excuse better than my excuse. I have to be at work at 6:00 AM on Monday myself?  :great:
That's ok, I have MORE excuses...

Trailer explained;

#1) If the wife goes, she will not ride the bike to the event.
    If the wife doesn't go,, I don't get to go.

2) I've rode a jillion miles on highways to get somewhere.
    Discovered that I prefer to ride twisties.

3) Don't need to prove I can do ride boring miles to get somewhere. I've already done it.

4) I like to trailer to a location in comfort, enjoy the twisties, and then trailer home in comfort.

5) I like to trailer..  (and it gives you guys something to pick on me about)

5) I hafta  take extra tools and parts to repair Rev's bike.  :nananana:

6) I'm a sissy....

Ride safe, Ted

His excuse is better cuz it's not YOUR excuse.  When you use it, it's different.  :lol_hitting:

He gets a Mulligan, you get a mill-again... and we're gonna run you through it.

Rev Ryder said:
His excuse is better cuz it's not YOUR excuse.  When you use it, it's different.  :lol_hitting:

He gets a Mulligan, you get a mill-again... and we're gonna run you through it.

Just don't stand too close to Ted when has a drink of water, with excuse number 1  he's so hen pecked that you are likely to get a shower when he drinks some water!  :))

Maybe we should rename OtP to ON TRAILER PERMANENTLY! :s_laugh:

gr33nmAn

HA! I don't know if mine is a good excuse, but it is an excuse. I could have just as easily gone with my mangina gets cold!

Truth be told, in all of my years going on long rides, this will be 2nd time I have trailered a motorcycle. The first was a HD breakdown and had to get trailered home. The second was behind my motorhome to/from Sturgis for the Rally.

And what is scary, both of those times I broke something (else) on the bike. The first time I cut a wire when strapping the bike down and it caused a short in the headlight. The second time I bottomed my Ultra Classic out on the ramp and sheered an oil line which leaked all over the trailer and blew all over the back of the motorhome for the 20 hour drive home.

I'm pulling a purpose built trailer to Wildflower, so hopefully I can avoid any damage to my Connie.

Dalroo said:
HA! I don't know if mine is a good excuse, but it is an excuse. I could have just as easily gone with my mangina gets cold!

Truth be told, in all of my years going on long rides, this will be 2nd time I have trailered a motorcycle. The first was a HD breakdown and had to get trailered home. The second was behind my motorhome to/from Sturgis for the Rally.

And what is scary, both of those times I broke something (else) on the bike. The first time I cut a wire when strapping the bike down and it caused a short in the headlight. The second time I bottomed my Ultra Classic out on the ramp and sheered an oil line which leaked all over the trailer and blew all over the back of the motorhome for the 20 hour drive home.

I'm pulling a purpose built trailer to Wildflower, so hopefully I can avoid any damage to my Connie.
THAT"S A TERRIBLE STORY DALROO!  Breaking the bike on the trailer. OUCH!

At least all I do is crash every third year (this isn't that year again thank goodness).  :rotflmao:

Looks like I am about to share in the abuse. I am going to trailer down this time for the first time ever. I am going to bring my wife with me so she doesn't get in any more trouble. Last year on my way home from the National as I was leaving Mt Rushmore I got a call that she had been taken to the hospital. She got well but I am tired of worrying so I will bring her along.
Fred put another plate on for Saturday night.

Fred Harmon knocks the ball out of the park on weather! :great:

Looks like for DFW riders to RIR  will be on the start of ridging across the state from the north to the south.

Hunt Texas

Friday - 50 to 81 - Sunny
Saturday 49 to 75 - Cloudy
Sunday 49 to 73 - Sunny

So far the weather looks like it will hold through Sunday evening with a sunny ride back to DFW! ;D

Craig - SC COG MIC

Looks like I will probably be riding up with Fred and Dan from H-town.  I'll pick up with them around Altair and we'll rip up that a way.  I don't know if Hub will join us for anything this year again.  He's pretty fickle and hard to pin down.  He says, "Well, I might... you never know."  I say, "DUH!"

I suspect we won't see him.  But I'm looking forward to abusing Ted (and now ~shock~ Butch!?!?!).  It's a crazy world we live in.  :nananana:

We're taking your weather forecast to the bank!!!

kv5e said:
Fred Harmon knocks the ball out of the park on weather! :great:

Looks like for DFW riders to RIR  will be on the start of ridging across the state from the north to the south.

Hunt Texas

Friday - 50 to 81 - Sunny
Saturday 49 to 75 - Cloudy
Sunday 49 to 73 - Sunny

So far the weather looks like it will hold through Sunday evening with a sunny ride back to DFW! ;D

Craig - SC COG MIC

Well, I have been doing my best to co-ordinate riding up from Corpus Christi together with Mo, but I need to ride up on Friday and he and his better half cannot get away until Saturday. I am staying in Pipe Creek with friends in order to have the best of both worlds. I am certainly looking forward to meeting some of the fine folks responsible for my ConAddictSyndrome. Guess I will see everyone on Saturday

syndrome

syndrome

Hey Air Monger,
I REALLY do advise ya to stay at the River Inn Resort with the rest of us.  Here's the deal.  Saturday night we'll have the big feed and lie swapping, beer drinking, Margarita hoisting, Wine Box draining event.  It's the best part of the whole deal (except for the riding and wrenching and eating and ... well, you get the idea. It's all good).  But where the resort is located is dead center of the Texas Deer Crossing Central Headquarters.  It's a good idea to NOT try to ride from there to Pipe Creek after about 6:00 or 7:00PM.  The entire way is just deer advisory warning territory.  I lived in Kerrpatch for 20 years and nailed a few of em (between the missus and me we killed or struck 17 and I got 4 of those with Connies).  and had plenty of other near misses.  Once my son and were riding on highway 27 between Ingram and Kerrville and we ran through an entire herd of maybe 20 axis zipping across the road in front, in back, all around us.  Somehow they all missed us.  It happened so fast I barely got the clutch pulled in before it was over.  We then proceeded straight home.  I'm just sayin'.

Sorry Kent, I wish we could ride up but can't leave until Saturday morning. Rev, I'll be getting with you before Saturday on some good directions if you don't mind.

Mo

Thanks for the heads up Rev, I will play it by ear or, antler if you will. Both of my sons lived in Ingram (one in Hunt on occasion and the other in Edna) until recently so I am familiar with the animal count. I know I will be at Pipe Creek for Friday night. I always bring a bed roll for these situations anyway, never know who's pool table you might end up sleeping on huh?

Mo said:
Sorry Kent, I wish we could ride up but can't leave until Saturday morning. Rev, I'll be getting with you before Saturday on some good directions if you don't mind.

Mo
Sure. No worries. You've got my number.  Of course, I'll be riding quite a bit on Friday so I NEVER hear or even feel my phone then without my Autocom (which is on another bike).

AirMonger said:
Thanks for the heads up Rev, I will play it by ear or, antler if you will. Both of my sons lived in Ingram (one in Hunt on occasion and the other in Edna) until recently so I am familiar with the animal count. I know I will be at Pipe Creek for Friday night. I always bring a bed roll for these situations anyway, never know who's pool table you might end up sleeping on huh?
Good plan bro.

Hey all.  Should I bring the Margarita machine this time?

Rev Ryder said:

This is a GREAT REASON to Trailer!!! That is a GREAT REASON to trailer!!! That is a GREAT REASON to trailer!!!

:Woot_Emoticon: :clap: :06: :singing:

kv5e said:
Rev Ryder said:

This is a GREAT REASON to Trailer!!! That is a GREAT REASON to trailer!!! That is a GREAT REASON to trailer!!!

:Woot_Emoticon: :clap: :06: :singing:

Won't be trailering, but if I can get a half gallon (or two) of tequila, some triple sec, my blender, some ingredients, and 100 lbs. of ice in one of the saddlebags it'll happen.

EDIT TO ADD:
I must add that Margaritas don't happen till the keys are put away cuz NO ONE can ride away from one of MY Margaritas. 

I'll be bringing some of my SPECIAL Bourbon, tools fer Rev's bike, Jalopenia Poppers, and charcoal fer the fire, etc etc etc .

Ride safe, Ted

By the way,,,,,,,,,,

This is a GREAT REASON to Trailer!!! That is a GREAT REASON to trailer!!! That is a GREAT REASON to trailer!!!  :rotflmao: :great: :beerchug: :)) :bravo_2: :1rij:

connie_rider said:
I'll be bringing some of my SPECIAL Bourbon, tools fer Rev's bike, Jalopenia Poppers, and charcoal fer the fire, etc etc etc .

Ride safe, Ted

By the way,,,,,,,,,,

This is a GREAT REASON to Trailer!!! That is a GREAT REASON to trailer!!! That is a GREAT REASON to trailer!!!  :rotflmao: :great: :beerchug: :)) :bravo_2: :1rij:

Ted, as long as you get to WF and back safely, then that's all that matters!

But you still trailer everywhere, :))

gr33nmAn

Craig! Craig!! Craig!!!

I can't believe you encouraged him like that.

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!

EXTRA MARGARITAS FOR YOU INSTEAD!!!!  :D 

Ted, you just try to stay between the ditches wit dat truck and trailer and focus on arriving awake.

I have carried a lot of things that do not fit on a bike before ( hoover vacuum WITH all the attachments, two up on a Suzuki GS1100E across Houston no less) but a Margarita Machine? What watt alternator is required to run that bugger? Got a room at the River Inn for Saturday Night by the way, just in case.

He Rev, is the house (in the photo behind you) the NEW house you built for yer bride?
Hope the turbo is done a bit more completely!

See ya son.

Ride safe, Ted

SPECIAL NOTE:
I just received a Cancellation Notice from the River Inn.
I immediately called them and they told me they had a glitch in their computer.
              It send out Cancellation Notices to many..

I told them that COG would still be there!
Note; I Told them to keep all the COG reservations in place,,, (except for Rev's)...  :nananana:

So, if you receive a Cancellation Notice (and your not Rev  :-\),    it is a "mistake",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  but DO call them and confirm!

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
He Rev, is the house (in the photo behind you) the NEW house you built for yer bride?
Hope the turbo is done a bit more completely!

See ya son.

Ride safe, Ted
Hey,
Of course it's the new place.  Ya think I can afford a summer place that nice? Besides, that's hurricane mode.  What's the problem? 

Hey,
Of course it's the new place.  Ya think I can afford a summer place that nice? Besides, that's hurricane mode.  What's the problem? 

Wuz the photo taken,,,,,, Before, or AFTER the hurricane?

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Hey,

Wuz the photo taken,,,,,, Before, or AFTER the hurricane?

Ride safe, Ted
During. I'ze standing guard against storm surge and incoming land sharks.  I let em have it with a squid or two.  Sends em packin' ever' time.

Jim Snyder said:
I am sure gonna miss working on somebodies bike in the parking lot with my little buddy Ted.
Just come on anyway, Jim.  I have a leaky valve cover you can fix.  :beerchug:

Like he sed, c'mon down!
Rev doesn't have a room reserved anymore so you can get his room!

(ie: I've already got a HAD a room, but your snoring can't be worse than mine.  It would be a race to see who could get to sleep first.  I've been banned in several states for setting off avalanche and earthquake alarms.  Sometimes I can't sleep through my own snoring.  Rev).

We're gonna miss you Jim. {Rev will be there talking (nonstop) and you won't be there to out talk him}...

As far as not being able to work on someone's (Rev's) bike in the parking lot,,,,, You can work on my bike at the NationaL..  ;)

Ride safe, Ted

If anyone decides last minute to come to WF, I do have a double room reserved and will split it based on certain criteria. First preference goes to hot solo females :)) Second goes to anyone toting a margarita machine, and third to anyone who can stand my snoring without griping about it all weekend.

Let me know.

I've already got a room, but your snoring can't be worse than mine.  It would be a race to see who could get to sleep first.  I've been banned in several states for setting off avalanche and earthquake alarms.  Sometimes I can't sleep through my own snoring.  :(

Here is a link to my tracker. It won't be active until Friday.

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=920f5334cc6d756f8

My Dad and myself are riding over tomorrow!  I need the break and it has been a few months now since we have been on a good ride together, very much looking forward to it!!

kv5e said:
Here's the tracker for the trip:

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=057yP9j4gFIFr1GAb92WbPIN7fx7Fd9r4

It will be active tomorrow morning.

Looks like so scattered rain on Sunday further north from Hunt, so I am packing the rain gear.

To Fred Boothe:

It is CRAIG......not GREG.......... ;D

I know, I know, I wrote that update at 4 in the morning, give me a break.  :rotflmao:

You know CRAIG, it would be easier for me if you changed your name to Greg.  ;)

So Fred-Houston, are we gonna meet up in Altair in the AM?  Can't wait to get rollin'.  Can hardly wait to get there and see all my friends (minus a few who won't be there and shall remain nameless but who have initials like JIM SNYDER and SOONER1 and STEVE MILLER).  Can't wait to see Hub and ride some twisties and visit with "GREG" and Pamela and Troy and Curtis and Bob and da other Fred and...

And newer folks like Roo and Mo and who knows who all. 

Well, I gotta get crackin'.  Gotta shrink the Margarita machine and get stuff packed and drain last year's Nationals oil out in mama's flower bed (Not really... Old oil? Yeah. Mama's flower bed? No way) Already picked up a half gallon of Ta-Kill-Ya (enough fer six Margaritas) and Triple Sec so we're about set.  :rotflmao:

Rev Ryder said:
So Fred-Houston, are we gonna meet up in Altair in the AM?  Can't wait to get rollin'.  Can hardly wait to get there and see all my friends (minus a few who won't be there and shall remain nameless but who have initials like JIM SNYDER and SOONER1 and STEVE MILLER).  Can't wait to see Hub and ride some twisties and visit with "GREG" and Pamela and Troy and Curtis and Bob and da other Fred and...

And newer folks like Roo and Mo and who knows who all. 

Well, I gotta get crackin'.  Gotta shrink the Margarita machine and get stuff packed and drain last year's Nationals oil out in mama's flower bed (Not really... Old oil? Yeah. Mama's flower bed? No way) Already picked up a half gallon of Ta-Kill-Ya (enough fer six Margaritas) and Triple Sec so we're about set.  :rotflmao:

I will call you this evening.  I think we are going to meet in Columbus at the Whataburger.

And it is CRAIG not GREG!  Don't proliferate on my mistake.    :nananana:  The funny part of this is, I know his name is Craig and for the last two years I keep wanting to call him Greg, and unfortunately I do it far too often.  I really don't understand why, since I do not even know anyone name Greg.  :rotflmao:

I'll be here all week...

OH WAIT! I won't be... at least not as long as Fred still lets me come along.  :)

Ha! Ha! Looks like I am gonna beat all of ya'll there. I'm in Sonora now. :nananana:  Lookin' forward to seeing ya'll there!  :beerchug: :great:

Curtis_Fetters_TX said:
Ha! Ha! Looks like I am gonna beat all of ya'll there. I'm in Sonora now. :nananana:  Lookin' forward to seeing ya'll there!  :beerchug: :great:

Sounding good I bet.  :motonoises: