• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Windscreen

Joeelliff

Training Wheels
I have a 98 Connie and I’d like a original or aftermarket tall-ish windscreen.  I’m 6’2” and I have a “Gustafson “ windscreen on it which is very short.  I’ve found one that states it is for 86-94 models.  Is there a difference in styles for first and second generation windscreens?  Appears to me it’ll be a fit from looking at it but with it saying 86-94 I wanted to ask here first.  Thanks

No difference...well, I guess the '86 windshields were slightly shorter...but, they fit the same...if it'll fit an '86...it'll fit a 2006...

you can make your own, any height you want with 25 bucks worth of lexan from homedepot and a few hours of your time.

Plenty of aftermarket screens available and all years of the C10 screens will fit.
You can DIY, or pay anywhere from $50 to $230.
I'm 6'4" and I prefer the Rifle system but at $230+ it ain't cheap.
Also depends on how much protection ya want.
With my Rifle base (5") I have 2 screens, a 10" and a 22", both homemade.
The 10" puts the air about mid-chest so perfect for summer.
The 22" puts the air over my head so great for the rest of the year.

I have a Clearveiw with the Goldwing vent and I am very pleased with the performance. I am short so I have a 19" light tint standard width. The vent puts a nice blast of air on your chest when wide open and a still pocket when closed. You can get one in whatever height you need. :great:

Hello Joe,

I have a used Cee Bailey 26.5" windscreen that I replaced with a 25.5" windscreen.

You can have the 26.5" for a song (and $100).

You may not want it though since I am only 6".  :)

Just kidding.  The Cee Bailey screen worked fine as I replaced a broken Rifle screen.  The 26.5 proved a bit bigger than I needed to see over.  I had the 26.5 on my C-10 for about 3 years so it is not new.

Like others have posted, you can make your own as well.  Not me.  I don't have access to aircraft quality windscreen material like Cee Bailey stock.  I have heard CB is not going to be making cycle screens in the future so this one could be a collector's item.  :)

Anyway, Joe, send me a message if interested in the CB.  Heck, send me a message anyway just to say 'Hi'.

Welcome!
MWH

Joe said:
I have a 98 Connie and I’d like a original or aftermarket tall-ish windscreen.  I’m 6’2” and I have a “Gustafson “ windscreen on it which is very short.  I’ve found one that states it is for 86-94 models.  Is there a difference in styles for first and second generation windscreens?  Appears to me it’ll be a fit from looking at it but with it saying 86-94 I wanted to ask here first.  Thanks
There's always Madstad.  I'll never go back.
https://madstad.com/collections/kawasaki/products/kawasaki-concours-1000-1986-up?variant=43504662926

Attachments

• ZG1000_Madstad_1008_large.jpg
    ZG1000_Madstad_1008_large.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 122
Probably the one thing you don't want is an original OEM shield.  Just about any aftermarket unit (including home-made) will be better.

OEM can work great after a little bit of surgery, get rid of that top 4 inches and its like a whole different bike at hiway speeds.

I'm 6'4", couldn't find a screen that worked for me. I bought the Cal Sci XL Tall, which I found to be too much coverage. After covering it with blue tape, I drew what I thought I wanted out of it, got out the hand held saber saw, and went to work. Thank the saints for plastic shop in Jr High. Came out with a near perfect wind screen.

your giving away your age, i havent heard of a jr high or high school with any shop classes in 20-30 years.....lol