• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Windshield height preset and battery life

KretonsLC

I have the height preset at 4 (highest), and I've learned a sign my battery is dying is when at start up the windshield rises in spurts, perhaps taking 30+ seconds to reach full height. This would suggest the preset feature, at least on 4, taxes the battery significantly.

Would I likely get more battery life if I left it at 1 and just raised it later after the bike has run a few minutes and allowed the battery to recharge a bit after start up?

What does the battery volt meter on the dash read while the windshield works it’s way up to full height?

How old is your current battery?

Have you lubed the windshield mechanism previously?

Then after machine has been running for a while can you raise and lower the windshield to full bottom and back to full top without the 30 seconds of spurts?