• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Windshield mechanism maintenance

kzz1king

Being I have excess to it I may as well do some preventative maintenance. Just spray it all down with degreaser and relube? Have had no issues with it.

You might want to add the extra bolt (means drilling a hole) for extra strength to keep that bracket from breaking. Especially if you have a larger after market wind shield.

I am going to do that on mine, when I do the first value adjust.

Marty, is there something here on the forum about this strengthing 'fix'. I dont recall anything recent, other then a couple members who hd their brackets break.

Marty, is there something here on the forum about this strengthing 'fix'. I dont recall anything recent, other then a couple members who hd their brackets break.

There are more. I don't think I will do it since I don't use a large windshield and usually have mine down . I do enjoy the high speeds though.

I first read about the "fix" on a concours forum in Australia, and I thought that on this forum, there was a link to these articles, as well as a member here fabbed his own bracket up.

I thought I had saved the links, but now need to see where these are. Might need to look over on the other forum to see if I was mistaken and they were all over there. I am on my work computer now, so they might be on my home pc.

I first read about the "fix" on a concours forum in Australia, and I thought that on this forum, there was a link to these articles, as well as a member here fabbed his own bracket up.

I thought I had saved the links, but now need to see where these are. Might need to look over on the other forum to see if I was mistaken and they were all over there. I am on my work computer now, so they might be on my home pc.

78k on mine. I cleaned the tracks up and used some silicone grease on them. Never seize on the center.
I videoed and timed it before and after. It is definitely quieter and seems to be a second quicker.šŸ˜€

78k on mine. I cleaned the tracks up and used some silicone grease on them. Never seize on the center.
I videoed and timed it before and after. It is definitely quieter and seems to be a second quicker.šŸ˜€
Pretty much did the same thing with silicone grease. Plus, a bit of oil on the rollers. I could not find the grease shown in the FSM for the center runner. So I used silicone on it too. Actually, what I used was Seal glide. Wide temp operation and it won't run off somewhere.