• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Windshield wobble

AwesomeDad

Ok, I guess I should have paid attention to the OEM shield before swapping but I am running a Puig touring screen with the air deflector on top. I like it a lot but it seems to move quite a bit even full down. I have checked all the hardware and its tight as well as the two frame mounts that are notorious for missing nuts. Any suggestions? Im more concerned about the stress its putting on the mount more than the shield itself...

JJ

Did you check to see that the black rubber gaskets are both in place.  Sometimes those fall out as you're fitting your screen and fiddling with the hex bolts.  If the black gasket/grommet is missing you will get movement of approximately 1/8" despite all the bolts being tight. 

G-Mazz said:
Did you check to see that the black rubber gaskets are both in place.  Sometimes those fall out as you're fitting your screen and fiddling with the hex bolts.  If the black gasket/grommet is missing you will get movement of approximately 1/8" despite all the bolts being tight.
I will double check those thanks.

JJ

Did you get this fixed?

I too have a puig and I noted this on another thread back in January.

Only issue found is that the Puig is thinner compared to stock in the mounting area.  I had to place 1&1/4 inch diameter 1/8 thick rubber washers on top 2 holes underneath rubber washes already there.  I needed to put 7/8 inch diameter 1/16 inch thick on the other 4 holes in order to get the windshield tightened down properly on the brackets.  I picked the washers up at Lowes.