• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Winter Concourier

Just Cliff

Just wanted to give a shout out to Ed for another job well done on the winter edition of the Concourier. I'm not sure if he has a regular job or not but putting this little magazine together has to take up quite a bit of his time.

I always look forward to the latest issue! ☺️

Last edited:
Just wanted to give a shout out to Ed for another job well done on the winter edition of the Concourier. I'm not sure if he has a regular job or not but putting this little magazine together has to take quite up a bit of his time.

I always look forward to the latest issue! ☺️
Agree 👆💯%

Thank you, everyone! Yes, I have a "regular" job...unfortunately, one that crashed down upon me as I started to put this issue together. I fully intended to have it in your hands before Christmas. However, everyone here has been so understanding that sometimes life gets in the way of schedules in an all-volunteer organization.

While I'm here, a shout out to the group for two things. First, the magazine would be nothing without the COG members who write such interesting articles. If you look at the magazine from another sport touring club, the editor writes 10% (sometimes much more) of each issue. Except for the National wrap-up story, my only writing contribution is my column and I like it that way. This is the club's magazine.

Secondly, I spent a couple of hours earlier this week trying to get my throttle to properly spring back and have the correct amount of play. I opened the forum this morning and went through the old C10 discussions about this, then went out in the garage and sorted it out in about 30 minutes. This is the reason I joined and continue to be a part of COG! Y'all are great. Thanks for helping out someone who must be a bad mechanic because I always have a 10mm socket or wrench on hand. :D

Ted, if you want your ugly mug in the mag, we'll have to arrange to meet on a ride or something. Maybe the Wildflower?

And now my quarterly plea for submissions...if you have anything COG related — review of a farkle, tip or trick, or even a ride to somewhere you think is interesting, whether solo or a group — let me know. About 300 words plus a couple of pictures makes for a really good article and gets you in print as a published author! Ask any AD: that 300 words is easy. Deadline for the next issue is at the beginning of February.

There's something definitely wrong with this Concourier.

ie; I can't find a picture of "Ted" anywhere!

Ride safe, "Ted"

This is a quality publication Ted, and it clearly has high standards. Which explains the absence of said picture :LOL:.

But on a serious note, what an awesome magazine!! And I truly mean that. Every single one I have gotten has been impressive from cover to cover and you should be very proud of the product you produce. The fact that it is a volunteer effort only amplifies the accomplishment. (y)(y)(y)