• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

wireless earbuds?

lather

Does anyone ride with wireless earbuds? I almost always listen to musc when I ride. I think I have worn out the audio jack on my cell phone. Was considering having the jack replaced or buying a new phone  but I woner if wireless earbuds are the better solution. I see many people using them at the gym but unsure if they would work well inside a helmet.

I’ve been happy with plugfones. Combination earbuds and ear plugs. Connect to the phone via Bluetooth, comfortable with the helmet.

Thanks for the replies guys! Two good looking solutions. I tried a receiver years ago when the first came out but it did not have enough volumn. Bluetooth has come a long way since then so this could be tha answer if the in ear units won't work. I bought a cheaps et just to see how thewy feel in my ears with the helmet on. Also plugphones are ones I had not found before despite lots of searching.

I have a couple different kinds of wireless earbuds (AirPods and Plantronics) and really like them for off the bike. But none are low enough profile to stay in place when I put on and remove my helmet. YMMV

I've gone with Sena piping music into helmet speakers. Super reliable, not fussy and easy to keep charged.  :great:

I use custom molded wired earbuds made by this company https://sport.inearz.com/product-category/motorcycle/

Looking at their website they also have bluetooth models as well. I cannot speak highly enough of these. Mine have lasted 8 years with zero issues and I am a daily rider that listens to music each day with these.

I love my "Big Ears", I've had them now for probably ~10 years and have had not one problem with them, so comfy and blocks out noise, best sounding music I've heard in my entire life. I think I have the BE2's?? I got them just for riding but I use them everywhere now, yard work, power washing, air travel, whatever. Great investment IMO, if my current pair ever go out I'll buy another. Mine aren't bluetooth because I don't think that was as good back then, but looks like they do offer bluetooth options. They send you the stuff to make molds of your ears, send back to them and they build yer set, fit is perfect and you don't notice them in, on flights I fall asleep with them in all the time, or when riding all day, never had them make my ears sore.

ZG approved and recommended!  :great: :great:

https://www.bigearinc.com/products/motorcycle-earplugs/

I agree with santacruzrider. I have the Sena 20s and helmet speakers. Good sound yet you can hear what is going on in the world outside.

Personally, i hate earbuds, find them massively uncomfortable, even in the gym. I use a chatterbox 'duo' model with upgraded speakers and works well for me. actually, its the only reason i have one as i don't want to talk to anybody when im riding (dont even have the mics in).

I have 2, one as a spare charged incase the battery goes on the other one. Just an option.

ZG said:
I love my "Big Ears", I've had them now for probably ~10 years and have had not one problem with them, so comfy and blocks out noise, best sounding music I've heard in my entire life. I think I have the BE2's?? I got them just for riding but I use them everywhere now, yard work, power washing, air travel, whatever. Great investment IMO, if my current pair ever go out I'll buy another. Mine aren't bluetooth because I don't think that was as good back then, but looks like they do offer bluetooth options. They send you the stuff to make molds of your ears, send back to them and they build yer set, fit is perfect and you don't notice them in, on flights I fall asleep with them in all the time, or when riding all day, never had them make my ears sore.

ZG approved and recommended!  :great: :great:

https://www.bigearinc.com/products/motorcycle-earplugs/
Top of the line will set you back 2 grand! :-\

I have Bluetooth earbuds I bought at Best Buy for about $108.  They are ok, but I got a Cardo headset for $125, works much better.