• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Wisconsin April-October 2018

Gypsy JR

I'm camping near Melrose WI from now until late October.

If I see any events up this way after the snow goes away, maybe I can make one or two.

The trike is sitting under a veranda on the float charger. I think next month if the weather warms and all the snow / water is gone, I'll change the oil in all three holes.

Got to say, having become a Florida denizen, this seems really cold to me up here, with the snow and all. I grew up in snow, though, so its not like my first time at the rodeo.

You picked a perfect spot for a bunch of great riding.  If you ever want to ride let me know.  I am about 2 1/2 hours north of you.  Although with 8+ inches of snow coming the next couple days, I might have to meet you on my snowmobile. 

Jeff said:
You picked a perfect spot for a bunch of great riding.  If you ever want to ride let me know.  I am about 2 1/2 hours north of you.  Although with 8+ inches of snow coming the next couple days, I might have to meet you on my snowmobile.

No kidding, Jeff! I should have stayed in Florida until the end of April. We got a bunch of snow yesterday here in the small mountains north of Melrose.

Fortunately for me, my baby toy hauler trailer is insulated pretty good. The personal space heater is able to keep it nice and warm. Even though the snow is almost up to the bottom of the door. I think my step stool is like 1 inch above the snow. I would have been in a cabana, but it snowed before they could get the wiring done, so I'm staying in the trailer like I did for winter camp.

Once it gets decently warm we can plan to go riding.

The trike is cover in snow in spots. I brushed it off yesterday but then it snowed overnight some.