• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Wisconsin- Ride then Eat (RTE)-Goose Barn/Blue Goose Pizza La Farge, WI-07/27/19

ZG/ZN Kim

RTE on Saturday,7/27. We will meet at  the Kwik Trip @  County S/Mineral Point Road,7583 Mineral Point Rd, Verona, WI 53593 at 10:00 AM. We will then ride some excellent roads over to the La Farge area, and eat pizza at 2:00 PM.
Of course you can ride directly to restaurant @ S2106 24 Valley Rd, La Farge, WI 54639

This is not a large restaurant, please be sure to register so I can make reservations.

This event is on the NC calendar, I apologize for not being clever enough to put up a link.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Giving this a little bump and adding a link to the calendar.  If your interested sign up, so reservations can be made.

https://tinyurl.com/RTE-Blue-Goose-Pizza

I wanted to bump this RTE as it is only 10 days out. I scouted out the restaurant, with 6 other COGGERS last week, it was a thumbs up across the board.
All they serve is pizza, any ingredient you could dream up. 6" personal pan pizza was very good, and about the right size.
The restaurant is not real big, and will be busy on a Saturday. Please register so I can call ahead.
I do see there is a NW rider registered, excellent, look forward to meeting them.

Plus I think the weather is going to be about 15 deg's cooler by then.

Bumping this back to the top!  If you like curves, dodging Amish horse apples, and great pizza and conversation get to this ride then eat!  I've been driving to this pizzeria 1.5 hours for several years and the only thing better than eating there is the Bike ride there!  :motonoises:

Jerry very well put. But I would have put CURVES and HORSEAPPLES  in capital letters. Yes we will be riding through lots of Amish country. Hats off to the Amish women behind that plow horse.

I did a pre-ride yesterday, and Mineral Point Road(Cty S) is under construction. I rode through several signs stating" road closed, local traffic only" , but so was everybody else. So consider yourself "local traffic" to the Kwik Trip.  I did find some nice county roads going west, that run between hwy 14  and hwy 18. Some in good shape, some a little bit less good shape.
Anyway, I will be at the Kwik Trip on my C14(no wife)  at 10:00 AM and if you are interested in a ride on some decent roads, culminating with some mouth watering pizza, I will see you this Saturday.
My route has us going as far west as county X in Crawford County, quite a hoot of a road.
Looking forward to it.

One thing I did not think about, but has been brought to my attention, is the fact the Goose is a cash/check only type of establishment, no cards.
The personal pizzas are only $6 +/- so it is not going to break the bank. But if you do the pizza and maybe some ice cream(yes very good ice cream also), you might spend up to $12-$15 !!!!

Thanks to everyone who participated today; Brian(MN), Stan(IA), David(IL), Jerry and Kim(WI). Yes we had 4 states represented at the RTE today. Found out a the end of lunch there were some different political opinions. Anyway I had pizza burps til about 7:30 PM, so I got my money's worth.

Something that has puzzled me all day was that I stopped at the Kwik Trip, west of Middleton at 10:05 AM. Meet up time was 10:00 AM, kickstands up at 10:30 AM. At 10:15 AM, while I am making love to a apple fritter , I see a couple on a C14 leave a parking area I did not even see. I apologize if I missed you, or if something was not right. But I really was lovin' that fritter.  I could not even yell , as my mouth was full of some darn good fritter.
Next month it will be Rockton chicken.

Ride Safe and prosper