• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Won Friday night drags in Phoenix

3dragonsnake

Training Wheels
Hi,
Took the 1400 to the track for some fun to make a few passes and see some top end speed without going crazy on the street.
Signed up for the bracket and practiced my launches. It surprised me how hard it pulls on the top end in 3rd and 4th gears.
Had a great night and won the race, .010 reaction time in the final with 11.30 ET. Might have gone quicker but in bracket racing you dial in your time slightly slower for consistency.
Perry:)
:great:

Attachments

• 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    349.3 KB · Views: 181
Nice!  I imagine there was some snicking going on at the start line but then some razzing at the end after getting beat by a "touring" bike!! 

That is awesome Perry. Would have loved to see that. Only thing that would have made that even  better would be if you had left the side bags on and whoped em!  :rotflmao:  Curious what your 60' times averaged?  Congrats on your win! 

Just for the record. You say dial slower for consistency. Where I'm from they call that "Sand bagging"  :))

Well Grandpa wasn't sandbagging, ran my touring bike out the back end every time, shifting at 10,000 rpm. I have the hard bridgestone on the rear so was taking it easy on the launch. My 60' times were 1.87 to 1.92. Ran some 10 second cars so it was no cakewalk. Had a lot of fun, haven't raced for a long time.
P