• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

World's Most Reliable Ducati

mrinnocent

So I took my moto over to Contra Costa Powersports to get a fob programmed and get a quote on a 15k service, and I ran into this bad boy.

58A4EEF4-EB01-4FC6-A204-3FF84E17AEF4_1_105_c.jpeg

It turns out, I have found... the world's most reliable Ducati!

5BECA8FB-5751-4432-939D-07458693E0A9_1_105_c.jpeg

You really have to admire the commitment to the bit.

5CF5DCE8-FEFE-4967-9D03-4F36DB684FFD_1_105_c.jpeg

Interesting notes about the SFPD bike:
  • It was running the same tires as me, at least up front. Michelin Pilot Road 4 I think? I can double check if anyone is curious.
  • It also had my windshield, the VStream
  • It had a Corbin seat
  • It did not have exhaust or footpeg mods, nor risers, but it did have custom blue bar end weights
  • The technician said they are governed at a certain speed
I also found out from the technician that CCPS handles all the C14s for SFPD and CHP in the area, so they are used to working on them and having parts around. He said cops prefer the C14 to the BMWs and H-Ds, which I was glad to hear.

Finally, they were able to turn around the fob without issue for a half hour of labor. And the quote for the 15k service as a tad under $1500, so that's $0.10/mi. Only the finest, most premium artisanal small batch maintenance for The Connie Situation.

That's mighty high for a 15k service, although California may be different. Even including a high dealer cost of $800 to adjust valves, what would the other $700 be for? I would look around. In my opinion, the15k valve adjust can easily be stretched to 25K. Then another at 75k and your done. I've done mine 3 times and several others over the years and I would wait. But this is like tires and oil, everybody has their own opinion. I adjust valves for $450 plus parts, somebody out here should do it for 5-6 hundred.

That's mighty high for a 15k service, although California may be different. Even including a high dealer cost of $800 to adjust valves, what would the other $700 be for? I would look around. In my opinion, the15k valve adjust can easily be stretched to 25K. Then another at 75k and your done. I've done mine 3 times and several others over the years and I would wait. But this is like tires and oil, everybody has their own opinion. I adjust valves for $450 plus parts, somebody out here should do it for 5-6 hundred.
I don’t have a quote but when I asked them to break it down the numbers roughly came to $400 for parts and 8 hours of labor at $130/hr.

So I took my moto over to Contra Costa Powersports to get a fob programmed and get a quote on a 15k service, and I ran into this bad boy.

View attachment 29543

It turns out, I have found... the world's most reliable Ducati!

View attachment 29544

You really have to admire the commitment to the bit.

View attachment 29545

Interesting notes about the SFPD bike:
  • It was running the same tires as me, at least up front. Michelin Pilot Road 4 I think? I can double check if anyone is curious.
  • It also had my windshield, the VStream
  • It had a Corbin seat
  • It did not have exhaust or footpeg mods, nor risers, but it did have custom blue bar end weights
  • The technician said they are governed at a certain speed
I also found out from the technician that CCPS handles all the C14s for SFPD and CHP in the area, so they are used to working on them and having parts around. He said cops prefer the C14 to the BMWs and H-Ds, which I was glad to hear.

Finally, they were able to turn around the fob without issue for a half hour of labor. And the quote for the 15k service as a tad under $1500, so that's $0.10/mi. Only the finest, most premium artisanal small batch maintenance for The Connie Situation.
I’ve always liked the vibe there, even though I’ve only ever just bought a cap and some polish.