• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Would like to learn C10 service/maintenance (Houston TX area)

mytmatt

Greetings one and all. I have a 2006 C10 and would like to learn service/maintenance. I'm not without mechanical skills (back in the day LOL) but I'm reluctant to dive too far into this without more C10 specific knowledge than I have. If there's a group wrench session, or even just a fellow Houston area COG member wrenching on his/her machine, I would very much like to attend.

I'd like to learn things like valve adjustment, carb sync/clean/how to remove and replace, for starters. I'm willing to purchase task specific tools as needed for this.

Please contact me if willing/able to help.

Thanks

Matt

Matt,
Would definitely recommend your first purchase being a Clymer manual and or factory manual for the C10 which provides all mechanical specifications and tests as well as troubleshooting. YouTube videos like from Shoodaben Engineering and others are also very helpful. These will give you the specific knowledge you need. Of course, group wrench sessions will also help.

Matt, I'm in North Houston. Not doing any C-10 wrenching currently but willing for you to come over and we can do some discussion on the C-10.
ie; I'm currently getting ready for the Horseshoe Mountain Rally in Arkansas and working on other things.
{I see your a member}. Look me up and give me a call, or leave a message..

Ride safe, Ted Adcock

Last edited:
I will be a few hours south of Houston in November. Ping me also. Maybe we can put a little tech session together. A lot can be done to a C10 in an afternoon.

Greetings one and all. I have a 2006 C10 and would like to learn service/maintenance. I'm not without mechanical skills (back in the day LOL) but I'm reluctant to dive too far into this without more C10 specific knowledge than I have. If there's a group wrench session, or even just a fellow Houston area COG member wrenching on his/her machine, I would very much like to attend.

I'd like to learn things like valve adjustment, carb sync/clean/how to remove and replace, for starters. I'm willing to purchase task specific tools as needed for this.

Please contact me if willing/able to help.

Thanks

Matt
Let me know if and when you find someone that can provide assistance with basics for the C10 and C14 as I would also like to acquire better skills. Just got mine back on the road after lengthy storage. Been running into some minor problems that while not beyond my skill set have made wonder what else I need to be looking at. Did take her to qualified shop to make her road worthy but they cant look at everything and keep the price reasonable.

Let me know if and when you find someone that can provide assistance with basics for the C10 and C14 as I would also like to acquire better skills. Just got mine back on the road after lengthy storage. Been running into some minor problems that while not beyond my skill set have made wonder what else I need to be looking at. Did take her to qualified shop to make her road worthy but they cant look at everything and keep the price reasonable.
Will do!

Matt, I'm in North Houston. Not doing any C-10 wrenching currently but willing for you to come over and we can do some discussion on the C-10.
ie; I'm currently getting ready for the Horseshoe Mountain Rally in Arkansas and working on other things.
{I see your a member}. Look me up and give me a call, or leave a message..

Ride safe, Ted Adcock
Thanks Ted, I'll do that