• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Would you warranty?

2andblue

COG Executive Director
Anyone else have issue with the passenger foot peg rubber pad tearing apart?

Machine is 3 years old have 3 years left on extended warranty / would you request a warranty replacement?

TY for sharing your thoughts. I’m on the fence for this $25

Anyone else have issue with the passenger foot peg rubber pad tearing apart?

Machine is 3 years old have 3 years left on extended warranty / would you request a warranty replacement?

TY for sharing your thoughts. I’m on the fence for this $25
Why wouldnt you?but im not sure if that is a covered part

Yes. Even if they didn't cover it I replace it.
Why wouldnt you?but im not sure if that is a covered part
Without any doubt I will be replacing this part with new whether covered under warranty or not.

Was more interested though if anyone else felt a three year old machine this is considered normal wear? Never have I had a similar part fail on other bikes so that may be my answer. I don’t want to be that guy claiming warranty on a few dollar, expected to wear part. If not expected to wear this quickly then by all means I’ll claim it.

Without any doubt I will be replacing this part with new whether covered under warranty or not.

Was more interested though if anyone else felt a three year old machine this is considered normal wear? Never have I had a similar part fail on other bikes so that may be my answer. I don’t want to be that guy claiming warranty on a few dollar, expected to wear part. If not expected to wear this quickly then by all means I’ll claim it.
That was my thought ,may be considered a wear part.

I repaired the footpeg on my BMW with Shoe Goo. I just squeezed some into the area under the rubber portion, then pushed the rubber portion into it. I'm not even sure I went so far as to put tape around it to hold it till it dried.

It's been holding now for 30-40,000 miles with no sign of coming apart.

Yeah, you could request a replacement, but the "cost" involved with the hassle would be more than a simple tube of Shoe Goo that you may have laying around.

Chris

I repaired the footpeg on my BMW with Shoe Goo. I just squeezed some into the area under the rubber portion, then pushed the rubber portion into it. I'm not even sure I went so far as to put tape around it to hold it till it dried.

It's been holding now for 30-40,000 miles with no sign of coming apart.

Yeah, you could request a replacement, but the "cost" involved with the hassle would be more than a simple tube of Shoe Goo that you may have laying around.

Chris
Interesting timing - I was just to Shoe Goo toes of my boots and thought the very same thing.

Headed for the mountains for a week in mid August so will need to make a determination before then. Pillion would be mine too happy with a solid metal peg for 10 days straight!

Hi
Interesting timing - I was just to Shoe Goo toes of my boots and thought the very same thing.

Headed for the mountains for a week in mid August so will need to make a determination before then. Pillion would be mine too happy with a solid metal peg for 10 days straight!
As a side note I removed the pads on my riders pegs. Have put on many 300 to 600 mile days and have not noticed and discomfort . Actually less with the extra leg room.