• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Wrench Day for the Bay Area!!!! FREE ACCESS to a REAL GARAGE!!! READ!!!!

v1ru5

Bicycle
Ok, so this is the deal! I can setup a wrench day on any Sunday with access to a REAL motorcycle garage with all tools and 3 lifts for free!!!! That’s right, free. The owner of California sport touring has offered me the use of his garage to do wrench days. We need a min of 6 people for him to open the garage to us on a Sunday.
He has a FULLY stocked store attached to this garage! If you need tires, he asks for a week’s notice to have them for you when you arrive.

There will be NO mechanics on duty to help with our bikes, it’s all us.

This is a great opportunity for us to have access to all the tools and lifts we need to work on our bikes.
Please contact me directly if you are interested and I’ll create a mailing list for dates we would all like to attend. This would also be a great time for us to do the same mods to bikes, so we should talk about that.

Robert.lupo@fishnetsecurity.com

http://www.casporttouring.com/

Thanks,
Rob

I'm due for flushing brake and clutch lines (I've basically been too afraid to do it since buying the bike 3 years/35K miles ago.)

It would probably also be a good opp to upgrade to braided lines and fix a leak I have the lower part of the clutch. And then there's the whole fork oil thing...

I'm capable of doing the work, but have been procrastinating in the hopes of having someone more with real knowledge around to keep me from really screwing it up.

Let me know and I'll order the parts.

That's great. I've often thought what a good marketing tool that would be. Smart guy!

We need 6 people to make this work. So far I have heard back from 3. I think I will plan for the 2nd Sunday of April. If we can get the people, this will be a fun time.

Rob