• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

WTB - 2012 rear fender

boxerbruce

Looking for rear fender for 2012 model.
Would also like information on how to raise up my front and rear end to stock height. Just bought this bike and joined COG. Former owner had it lowered so far that the rear tire burned a hole in the fender!
Boxerbruce

If you need stock Links {to raise the rear back to stock} I think I have some..

But,
If it wore a hole, it might not be just the fact that it was lowered.
ie; Most people never set the sag.
& Most have it too soft, so the tire moves up further when the bike is loaded.

May also be that he used too low of lowering Link. Do you know which one is on it?
Some Links lower more than they should and some have installed a ZX-14 Link . (it definitely lowers the rear too much.)
Lastly; is your rear tire a 50 or 55 series tire? The 55 has a taller side wall/height.
You may have a combination of things that are causing the issue.

Bottom line; before you start changing things, find out what is wrong.
Also what is your height/inseam? (You may appreciate the lowered bike if you solve some issues)

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:

But,

May also be that he used too low of lowering Link. Do you know which one is on it?
Some Links lower more than they should and some have installed a ZX-14 Link . (it definitely lowers the rear too much.)
Lastly; is your rear tire a 50 or 55 series tire? The 55 has a taller side wall/height.

Also what is your height/inseam? (You may appreciate the lowered bike if you solve some issues)

Ride safe, Ted
Thanks for the info and insight. I just bought this bike and it was lowered way too far for me by the original owner. I need the stock link. The tire is as specified in the owner's manual. I am aware of the sag setting procedures. The shock setting was too soft when I bought the bike and I didn't notice the fender issue until I removed the seat. So without the stock link, I am reluctant to make any more adjustments. I have already adjusted the shock to a stiffer setting and the fender rubbing has stopped. But the hole remains.
I have a 32 in. inseam and have ridden a 1400 in stock configuration so I know that that is where I want to be. I cannot appreciate the lower position as I tend to scrape my toes in turns and ride in an aggressive manner.
I also have to figure out what was done to lower the forks. A visual comparison shows the top of the fork measurements to be the same as in height and such. I'm doing more research on how to lower the forks so that I can correctly return to stock.

But,

Ride safe, Ted
Ok. If you have the stock length links, would you sell them? What price?

I think I have the rear fender from a 2012. I will check when I get home and let you know tomorrow if you are still interested.

Bill

(If the front was lowered; the fork tubes will be above the upper tripple tree).

Setting the front fork height is EZ.
Just loosen the pinch bolts on the Upper/lower tripple trees and position the top of the fork tubes "even" with the top of the upper tripple tree.

Ride safe, Ted

Boxerbruce, please verify which part you want 35015 or 35022 (from Kawi parts diagrams) I have both.

Bill