• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

FOUND ONE !!! - C10 7 degree exhaust cam advance gear

Stasch

On the chance someone has one of these, I would like to get my hands on one.

I've had one for years in my 2000 C10, and I want to put one in the new to me 2003 C10.

On the chance someone has one of these, I would like to get my hands on one.

I've had one for years in my 2000 C10, and I want to put one in the new to me 2003 C10.
I’m wondering if it’s the cam that gets advanced 7 degrees or the overall timing between the cam and crank that gets advanced 7 degrees. I bought a degree wheel and plan to try to make one myself. I’ve got a bunch of extra sprocket so if I make one I can make more

This is what I found. So do I only make a 3.5 degree advance on the cam?
  • What does 7° total mean?

Because the cams turn 1/2 as much as the crank; 3.5* increase at the exhaust cam would be 7* advance at the crank.

Ride safe, Ted

I am no longer looking for one of these because I unexpectedly FOUND ONE!

I had checked with Steve Sefsick before posting this WTB and these are no longer available from Shouldabeen Engineering and thought, oh well that idea is scratched. The bike runs well and I'll live with it.

About a week ago I opened up the 2003 to do the first valve check since purchased.

Lo and behold, I find a SISF 7 degree advance gears already in place . . . . but . . . . . it was installed to the Ex camshaft in the OEM round counter sunk holes, negating the benefits of the gear.

I R&R'd to install correctly.

Now for the the cold, snow and ice to go away so I can try it out.

Sometimes life is like a box of chocolates . . . .

Last edited: