• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

WTB Corbin Trunk

Hydroman

I just bought my first C-14 a few weeks ago and love it, but I need to get Mama comfortable enough on the C-14 in order to be able to sell my Valkyrie Interstate.  If not, I'll end up having to keep an extra bike just for riding with her.

I've already installed a peg lowering kit from Advanced Sport Touring and she loves it.

The back rest and arm rest on the Corbin trunk look similar to the one on the Valk.

I already have a Corbin seat, so it would match.

I have been reading alot of old threads about the Corbin trunks.  There seems to be very mixed reviews.  I would love to try one out if anyone has one they would be willing to part with.  My bike is 2013 Blue, but I would take any color and just have it painted.  Please let me know if you have one that you would be willing to sell.
Thanks

Understand your wanting a Corbin trunk.  However, there is a blue '13 Kawa top box in the Misc classified section at a very nice price.  Best of luck however you go :great:

FWTW... I have a Givi Monokey old trunk (I had ti for my C10 before the C14).
When we used in on th eC10, we used the Givi backrest pad for it; when we switched to the C14 we removed the pad. The trunk is nicely rounded, and the forward lean gives her good back support. She always uses a riding jacket with a spine pad, so there is some cushioning for her. Of course, the trunk is nice for additional storage (purse, curling iron, blowdryer, etc. - LOL, she actually travels light).

Those trunks are nice but it weighs about 40 lbs empty. And it's high up and far back. Come to your own conclusions.

Thanks for the input guys.  I like the Kawasaki trunk that is listed and the Givi trunks are nice too.  The thing is, storage is not really my goal.  I'm interested in the Corbin soley for the backrest.  I would only put the Corbin trunk on when my wife would go on a trip with me.  I actually kind of like riding without a trunk.

My wife has gotten spoiled riding that Valkyrie with the big backrest and armrests.

I have heard so many horror stories on here about customer service, that I really don't want to buy a new one, besides the price.  I guess finding a used one is a long shot.  Thought I'd give it a try anyway.

I have one that came with my 2017 Connie that I don’t use.........I ride only one up. It’s Candy imperial blue. Excellent condition........still interested?

Attachments

• 9649A2BF-3F27-43D8-B903-E49CE09F7972.jpeg
    9649A2BF-3F27-43D8-B903-E49CE09F7972.jpeg
    224.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 19BED818-DF26-46DD-969E-8CDB8F60B69A.jpeg
    19BED818-DF26-46DD-969E-8CDB8F60B69A.jpeg
    181.6 KB · Views: 97
  • 0D6B64EE-24E4-4DA9-9D0C-BE780E7796DA.jpeg
    0D6B64EE-24E4-4DA9-9D0C-BE780E7796DA.jpeg
    96.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 15C60836-1251-431F-AE03-93AF4B32955A.jpeg
    15C60836-1251-431F-AE03-93AF4B32955A.jpeg
    238.1 KB · Views: 100
Not sure if you're still looking but saw this trunk on CL in the Portland area.
https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/mpo/d/portland-corbin-trunk-for-kawasaki/7172437502.html

Good luck!

Hey, thanks for the heads up for the one on Craigslist.

I made a deal with Rexter to get one from him when he travels this way, to avoid shipping.