• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

WTB/ NTB Fork washer (FOUND)

cragantler

So if you've seen my post on my fork rebuild, you'll know that I only have one of these washers.
Obviously never had one in my right fork. Thinking it was probably lost during fork service with the PO back in the early 2000's.
My bad, I never had the forks apart from '07 until now.
I've ordered one from Partzilla and recieved the "backorder/ no ETA" message.
None on ebay and figured if Pzilla cant get the part, do I want to have $ out there awaiting different vendors back order/ no etas and than end up with a ton of these.image.jpeg
Wanted to see if anyone had a set of junk forks laying around, I could buy the washer from?
At this time, it could be the one thing stopping me from finishing the project.
Thanks

Doug, go to a hardware store and look for fender washers. (I have 1 in my hand).
It is 1 1/4" OD x 1/4" hole, & is about 1/16" thick.
(assuming that it fits easily into the fork tube) It would work perfectly for you.

Do NOT worry about the thickness. ie; It doesn't have to match the OEM exactly.
If your concerned with the 2 not matching, use fender washers in both fork tubes.
Problem solved..

Final thought; My only concern with the fender washer is it's thickness.
ie; (because it is so thin) it could (maybe/possibly) deform over time.
The solution to that is, put 2 of the fender washers in the Fork tube.

Ride safe, Ted

Made my own after not wanting to fish it from that bottomless black hole of infinite proportions under the fairing. If you are concerned about thickness grab a handful from hardware store and sift. There are usually a few thicker that the rest. Buy that one and drill.