• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Wtb saddle bag latch

Konehead34

insearch of a damaged saddle bag with operational lock/latch.mechanism.  dont care how badly the case is, i just need the latch...

I have latch from a 2008 recall. Red latch is fragile.
I can get a picture if you want
bikejunkie1013 at gmail.com

Id rather try for a 2010 or newer... but send me some pics and a price..sux 3 zero two 6 seven seven nine ni.ne six...thanks

Stupid question....but are the mechanisms side specific?  Or does the lock orientate diffently in the mechanism dependent on which side its for.. urs seems to be for a right side bag as opposed to a left side bag..

How much u want for it.... i have to check on the specificity of right/left. Yhe part we need is the smaller latch/handle that closes the bag. 

The assemblies are side specific. But the handles are universal.
One piece my be broken
I will have to check.

Well, turns out latch was broken afterall. Just gunked up and stuck. Found another thread on the forum where by the original poster took the advice of his trusted mechanic and soaked the whole assembly in hot water with liberal amount of Dawn dish soap.. working the mechanism and sloshing it around freed up amount of gunk which got everything working... lubed it with spray on graphite

So i try it and wouldnt u know it.....success!!
I will admit i cheated a little with a pan of petrol and alot of ventilation.. followed by a soaking in dawn. Lubed it with liquid graphite which dries to a powder..

I cant believe how sticky they got...

Same problem I had for the most part, started to get a thread going just never did. This is how mine looked when disassembled, amazing how much dirt & grit gets in there.

Attachments

• 20200914_092955_resized.jpg
    20200914_092955_resized.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 101