• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

WTB tent-style bike cover for C10

Tour1

I'm planning to store my C10 outdoors starting very soon.  I have a spot where a drive on and flip over type of tent cover would work.  I remember seeing ads but didn't pay attention and haven't seen one lately.  Internet search has only one result so far, Quictent, in medium and large size.  l expect a C10 will need a large.
  Anybody have experience, opinions, and/or one to sell?

If you have space a nice tent or shed is great. The tent you list needs to have solid frames and anchor. Winds/snow will blow/break them. Know from someone else's experience.

But living in the city with limited space we have to consider other options. I have used cycleshell for a bunch of years. They have worked well for me.

I have also had friends build a shed in the backyard. They bought the plastic kits online somewhere. Those were great but I have no space for one.

I think the cycleshell is the one I've seen in the  magazines. The quictent will do the job but doesn't have a floor.

CycleShell is my recommendation,as I have 2 of them and 1 of the others that don't have floors. I got mine from looking through Craigslist since they are very expensive new.    Jerry Gaither

By the zoning code, to avoid getting a building permit (aka tax increase), we are allowed a single 100 square foot accessory structure with no permanent foundation.  We used that up already, and I'm guessing a regular bike cover with elastic on the bottom would be the safest option.  I think I used to store my stretch-on cover in my car when I was on the bike.  The tighter fit of a stretch cover is more attractive to rodents, takes effort to put on & take off, and I think it tore my license plate off once, or bent it enough so it fell off on the road.
  If I can reduce my non-riding chores by having a flip over cover I think it could be a slap in the face to the government even if it is in a gray legal area, but I could try one, maybe?

The CycleShells have a plastic or rubber floor but by no means could it be considered a permanent fixture.    Jerry

I bought an XL standard cover today, cost almost $100, slips on easy but after she cools off a little to avoid melting on the pipes and such.  Already got rained on, we'll see hoe the wildlfe likes it.  Now I have to re-arrange the garage & fill it with old stuff.