• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

yamaha grip heaters/super easy

maverick9611

“tryin not to get old”
been wanting to do hot grips for awhile. so many on the market, some bulky and quite complex. well thanx to yamaha those days are long gone. these wire straight to the battery and have 15 amp fuse protection. the key: low voltage protection! forget to turn em off, they shut off. they sense any low voltage and they automatically turn off. they fit the concours perfectly. I had to loosen fairing on battery side, remove tank compartment. just snake your cables to right side , upper of the battery and reach down from tank side and grab em. I use high temp joint compound from my black widow header job. just make sure your sealant is heat resistant. yamaha made it super sano as all the controls are right on the grip assembly. they have to be programmed for 600cc or bigger which takes about 7 seconds. after that your good. 3 levels of heat.
Genuine Yamaha OE Universal Motorcycle Grip Heaters B67H29A0V000 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077TYV88V/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_FS18HMX34XB0DXZ40Z6C

Attachments​

• IMG_20210911_040359_918.jpg
    IMG_20210911_040359_918.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210911_040414_999.jpg
    IMG_20210911_040414_999.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210911_041650_008.jpg
    IMG_20210911_041650_008.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 0

Last edited:
thank u sir, i was jealous of the later model connies's with factory heat. these will be a great substitute for the 2008. my yamy buddies are laughing

Got a pic of the right grip and its controls?

I plumbed my '08 for a set (installed a Fuse Block and a pigtail) but never got around to buying any. These look...interesting.

Install time. 2 hours. I like how the controls are built right into the grip assembly. no external switches/bulky thermostats. very clean

different angles/shotz

Attachments

• IMG_20210914_152334_451.jpg
    IMG_20210914_152334_451.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_20210914_152420_295.jpg
    IMG_20210914_152420_295.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_20210914_152459_562.jpg
    IMG_20210914_152459_562.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_20210914_152532_294.jpg
    IMG_20210914_152532_294.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_20210914_152602_333.jpg
    IMG_20210914_152602_333.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 204
No issue with the bar ends? Wanted to make sure no electrical was in the ends.
none i can tell..even with radar detector mount it still fit. i had to use a rubber mallet on non throttle side as the fit was quite tight. no wires are exposed, as I inspected them closely.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this. That's a good price considering what you're getting. I really like the integrated controls.

I've got heated gloves, but being wired up is problematic. A few times I forgot I was tethered. I bet a pair of these and some warm gloves would work fine at 30f behind the fairing.

I think the key point is low voltage protection. would be a bummer with a dead battery in the mountains.

Saves the trouble of wiring with a relay.
I put Fuse Blocks on both my C14s and set up switched circuits for things like heated grips, seats, etc. These are mounted to the bracket that's usually used to hold the CA-model evap cannister. In case a fuse needs to be replaced they can be readily accessed.

I put Fuse Blocks on both my C14s and set up switched circuits for things like heated grips, seats, etc. These are mounted to the bracket that's usually used to hold the CA-model evap cannister. In case a fuse needs to be replaced they can be readily accessed.
good idea sir, are those pics acceptable?

These now show as discontinued from just about everywhere.

What's the best alternative which incorporates the controller adjustment into the left grip...a Koso Apollo, some other Yamaha, or...?

I'm quite surprised that these are sold out. they must be quite popular. did you try contacting a yamaha dealership?

wow bummers
that grips/ heater control is why I bought it. I know some others have low voltage protection but unknown about controller built right into grip

here is the guy that invented hot grips. they say concours does fit. check em out
Where their online store does this:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function dl() in /home/hotgrips/public_html/squirrelcart/pre_common.php:283 Stack trace: #0 /home/hotgrips/public_html/squirrelcart/pre_storefront.php(39): include() #1 /home/hotgrips/public_html/store.php(1): include('/home/hotgrips/...') #2 {main} thrown in /home/hotgrips/public_html/squirrelcart/pre_common.php on line 283

I'd say they have a little web application work to do...

I saw that too. maybe call them?
I wonder if they are still business. I remember when I used race enduro/hare scrambles everyone used hot grips

Where their online store does this:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function dl() in /home/hotgrips/public_html/squirrelcart/pre_common.php:283 Stack trace: #0 /home/hotgrips/public_html/squirrelcart/pre_storefront.php(39): include() #1 /home/hotgrips/public_html/store.php(1): include('/home/hotgrips/...') #2 {main} thrown in /home/hotgrips/public_html/squirrelcart/pre_common.php on line 283

I'd say they have a little web application work to do...
Works for me

the grips worked perfect in the mountains. setting was too much heat. I settled in 2 or 3. looks like they are discontinued.

the bike master grips are trending at $47.23!
i just put em on the dorsoduro. they work great!
the rubber pattern is actually better than the yamaha ones!

I peeked when I shouldn't have ( ;) ) but in my fiancee's pile o' Christmas shopping sits a box of Koso Apollo grips.

Got on the auction site and got an entire right-side grip/throttle/switch/cable assembly off a 2012 for roughly the MSRP of ONE of the included cables. This has the OEM heated grip wire protector included, which will be installed on my '08 when I put the Kosos on it.

I peeked when I shouldn't have ( ;) ) but in my fiancee's pile o' Christmas shopping sits a box of Koso Apollo grips.

Got on the auction site and got an entire right-side grip/throttle/switch/cable assembly off a 2012 for roughly the MSRP of ONE of the included cables. This has the OEM heated grip wire protector included, which will be installed on my '08 when I put the Kosos on it.
wow! kris kringle likes u, nice