• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Yamaha MT09

cuda

Started looking for a lightweight bike to take RVing bought a ZERO S was very disappointed with the range so I sold It ...

I wanted a sub 400 lb bike after finding the 700 Yamaha I thought I found It then I saw the MT09 was just redone from lighter wheels to aluminum frame fly by wire controls with cruise control and it weighs only 25 lb more than the MT07, has 117 HP factory quick shifter for $9,500 and for $11,099. It comes with Ohlins rear and premium KYB front tubes. 420lb.

Two Issues I have is no big windshields yet...

and luggage, then I found Yamaha makes a factory rack for the rear which is all I need is a rear box.

The only thing I hear is keeping the front tire planted is an issue, :p I have a hooligan problem

In Florida doing wheelies is a no, no 1st offense $1,000 2nd $2500, and possible suspension.

I am also currently looking for something in the 400 lb range. After doing a lot reading and talking to people, I also narrowed it down to the MT-09. I test rode an XSR900 (retro version of MT09). It was smooth and powerful. I really liked it.

I think only the "SP" version of the MT-09 has cruise control. I believe the "Standard" version does not have it.

I have also been considering a Triumph Street Triple RS, but I think it does not have good mid range torque and I have more confidence in Japanese motorcycles. I have never owned a European bike.

I'll get the SP I have the AK-20 cartridge in forks and Penske shock rear on the 14.

I'ts the best bang for the buck, I've had Snowmobiles Waverunners and Yamaha Bikes g

Started looking for a lightweight bike to take RVing bought a ZERO S was very disappointed with the range so I sold It ...

I wanted a sub 400 lb bike after finding the 700 Yamaha I thought I found It then I saw the MT09 was just redone from lighter wheels to aluminum frame fly by wire controls with cruise control and it weighs only 25 lb more than the MT07, has 117 HP factory quick shifter for $9,500 and for $11,099. It comes with Ohlins rear and premium KYB front tubes. 420lb.
I actually liked my mt09 way more then my tracer gt. It was a 17 (fz9) but with the new style headlight. I blocked the plates.. Had an m4 exhaust on it with a whoolrich tune. The stock seat was horrendous but the touring seat was blissful. I could spend all day on that bike. Sold that bike but regret it. It would make a perfect companion too the concours, especially on a hot day. I also really like the weird funky colors that Yamaha has. Have you ever looked at the mt-10? That's another bike I'd love in the stable, the exhaust note on that is enchanting.

y4m_RdKnRtiWVdSqiBB4gBc8ECTCvuzR5LArx4t6K8_4av9Swgw9ft5lzTM1AkB6XG0EHr1rZ88whw52lRUwRHleNcxZjyoE6MVDDzybGw5pCb5_ccVA0NVoTWcagQGMjgWeLei9DAcTYBP15dx3SCeiv7AH-49bNQDFhETXfkM_kPa-najPUqq8BAHqqK8bwLD

y4mdJtXzz9R8AWx9kdF9BgtYfdcpQRP1FntNta_Fik942FGmZT-EFsuOA54M_c2LFuMY-aemRG81WnmRiHsggWTUEp0F0vXBES7OlDWwiXI8PkUsc3By3iWn29WMgVc2D5x_Da3paIl_TO2vsUFU9lgTFuoJKgi9lE3jFGX3X8d1hVxh1w0WVsYqQ3ImrmMWmoi

The Aprilia RS660 or Tuono 660 Factory edition are very impressive 400lb bikes.
Cruise control, IMU, multi mode ABS, traction control, wheelie control, race modes, lap timer, quick shifter with auto blip, etc.
The Tuono doesn't have the quickshifter or IMU, but the factory version does.
I'm waiting on the pricing to come down, or maybe I will be able to find a used one soon.