• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Yep! I'm the new guy with questions.

Rushfan Greg

...and probably repeat questions, too.

Anyway, my name is Greg and I'm not new to the C14, but I've been away from one for a short while.

I bought one new back in 09 and kept till 2014 when I sold it due to a knee injury, then surgery. I sold it because I was doubting my abilities, which affected my riding techniques. Anyway, yada, yada, yada...6 years later, I picked-up another 09 with 18K and I'm back and better than ever!!

So, just a couple'a questions: The bike came with bar risers. I want to replace them with "wedged" risers, but I'm unable to find them. The height is fine. I just would like them to come back just a bit. I had them on my 1st Connie, but I can't find them or remember where I bought them.

It also came with lowering pegs, but not a fan of these. I have to pronate my right foot to engage the brake. What can I do to remedy this concern?

And finally, a throttle lock. I'm looking for suggestions.

Thank you in advance,
Rf G.

Welcome back....there just happens to be a set of murphs wedges for sale in the c14 classifieds section for $45.

Theres several styles ofthrottle locks out there... throttlemiester is very good, but all throlle locks wont regulate ur speed u p or down hills.  There 2 options for cruise controls out there.
McCruise is a plug and play unit from australia and runs around $900 depending on the conversion factor. And then there the Rostra which requires some mechanical aptltude to install.  Its available from several places including Murphs and runs about $200.  There are several threads on the forum for help/suggestions for installing one.

Regarding ur peg situation without some pictures showing how they were lowered, because it could be as simple as just removing an adapter plate, i could begin to offer any advice

Thank you for replying, konehead.

Sooo, I'm not interested in a cruise control. It's not the price, just preference. I just want to lock the twisty thingy so I can shake out the nerve buzz.
I see the bar end locks are popular, but the Atlas might be a good for for my needs. Still researching.

The pegs. Yeah so, I'll try to upload a pic or 2.

Also, I look into the classifieds for the wedgies...

Rf G

Welcome. I had Murph's lowering pegs on my C-10 and they were good, so I bought the C-14 version and didn't like them as well. Like you, I thought the foot re-position was a bit awkward and even after trying all the fixes, had trouble getting the rear brake switch adjusted. I then went to the AST version, which actually lowers the entire peg mounting system just over an inch, but maintains the geometry for (my anyway) feet like stock. Maybe my feet are more crooked than before. LOL. But, I like them.

If you want those, I'd suggest you find them from someone who's removing a set (save money) or CALL Ryan (the owner of AST) and make sure he has them in stock at that moment, and knows you'll be ordering a set in the next few minutes after the call, or even have the order ready to launch while on the call. Seems to be a good way to have him ship "while thinking about it." At least that's what I did.

Good luck.

Kaoko is my Throttle Lock for the C-14. 

No modifications or tweaking needed simply unbolt bar end and bolt new throttle lock assembly and supplied bar end on - under 5 mins.  Remember to use thread locker.

Lock friction is easily adjustable, when set to hold tight will stay there for many, many miles, through bumps, forced throttle adjustments, all kinds weather etc. 

As with any throttle lock fluctuations up / down hills will occur and then just a little twist against the lock will reset / course correct.

An intelligible, integrated Cruise Control would deliver better results, be more functionally enjoyable to use - I am planning to try the Rostra route konehead mentioned.

Rushfan said:
...and probably repeat questions, too.

Anyway, my name is Greg and I'm not new to the C14, but I've been away from one for a short while.

I bought one new back in 09 and kept till 2014 when I sold it due to a knee injury, then surgery. I sold it because I was doubting my abilities, which affected my riding techniques. Anyway, yada, yada, yada...6 years later, I picked-up another 09 with 18K and I'm back and better than ever!!

So, just a couple'a questions: The bike came with bar risers. I want to replace them with "wedged" risers, but I'm unable to find them. The height is fine. I just would like them to come back just a bit. I had them on my 1st Connie, but I can't find them or remember where I bought them.

It also came with lowering pegs, but not a fan of these. I have to pronate my right foot to engage the brake. What can I do to remedy this concern?

Thank you in advance,
Rf G.

No experience with the throttle lock, I got a screaming deal on a Rostra from Arash.

No birthday threads, OK  :051bye:  And your sig line is still inaccurate.

LOL...No b-day threads, and sig line. My reputation precedes me. And...you are?

Rushfan said:

Rf G.[/b]

I bought a pair on Amazon last month. A 2" lift and 1" back. I can find them for you if you don't see them on the site.

Welcome back, we kept a seat open for you,
Jon

Rushfan said:

LOL...No b-day threads, and sig line. My reputation precedes me. And...you are?

There - '99 with 1224 and stuff (156k miles), faster green  ;D   

Here - '11 black with a full Akrapovic.  :beerchug:

Try the Go-Cruise.  It's about the most intuitive throttle lock out there.  And at $13, it won't break the bank.

Chris

Attachments

• 2020-07-19 11_01_54-Amazon.com_ Go Cruise Motorcycle Throttle Control 7_8 Inch Bars for Urban ...jpg
    2020-07-19 11_01_54-Amazon.com_ Go Cruise Motorcycle Throttle Control 7_8 Inch Bars for Urban ...jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 104
I bought a pair on Amazon last month. A 2" lift and 1" back. I can find them for you if you don't see them on the site.

Welcome back, we kept a seat open for you,
Jon
[/quote]

Those bar risers sound perfect! Seriously. Would you mind posting a link, please?

Rf G

Daboo said:
Try the Go-Cruise.  It's about the most intuitive throttle lock out there.  And at $13, it won't break the bank.

Chris

This one looks, ummm...Interesting. I'll check it out.

Rf G

Don't underestimate the go cruise.  Got that and a throttlemeister on my C14 and use the go cruise more.

Bud said:
Don't underestimate the go cruise.  Got that and a throttlemeister on my C14 and use the go cruise more.

That's a really cool and simple idea. The only thing I don't like about it is ya gotta roll of the throttle to release it, vs the Atlas for example, that clicks off with a button....(((shrug)))

Btw, how do I post pics? I went to "attachments and other options" did the browse and attach thing and was unable to upload. What am I missing?

What you're missing is that there is a 350k file size limit.  Many ways to resize.  Website apps.  Windows apps.  Linux apps.  Iphone apps.  Android apps.  Camera settings.  Pretend you're gonna text it to someone.  Phone resizes for you.  Then copy the resized file and post that.  HTH :)

Your issue with having to roll off the throttle is more between your ears than a mechanical problem.  I have the same issue in my head, but keep asking myself, what's the big deal with rolling off manually.  Besides, you can accelerate without having to do anything and the desired set throttle position is automatic when you want to slow back down.  Like rolling on to pass someone and then releasing after the pass.  I like that part.  It's also easy to move from one bike to the other if you have MBS like myself.  Hope that clarifies my thoughts.  BTW I have real cruise on my 01 and that is my first choice.

Bud said:
What you're missing is that there is a 350k file size limit.  Many ways to resize.  Website apps.  Windows apps.  Linux apps.  Iphone apps.  Android apps.  Camera settings.  Pretend you're gonna text it to someone.  Phone resizes for you.  Then copy the resized file and post that.  HTH :)

Your issue with having to roll off the throttle is more between your ears than a mechanical problem.  I have the same issue in my head, but keep asking myself, what's the big deal with rolling off manually.  Besides, you can accelerate without having to do anything and the desired set throttle position is automatic when you want to slow back down.  Like rolling on to pass someone and then releasing after the pass.  I like that part.  It's also easy to move from one bike to the other if you have MBS like myself.  Hope that clarifies my thoughts.  BTW I have real cruise on my 01 and that is my first choice.

Well, that clears up some of the over thinking, I guess. And for less than $20...why not, eh? Okay so, maybe I'll pick one up just to get started and rethink other ideas down the road (no puns intended).

Thank you,
Rf G

Bud said:

Oh, and thanks... :great:

Ryan at AST also sells a set back plate that mounts on topnof ur riser for a 3/4 of an inch iirc.  From ur orginal post i thought u were only looking for wedges..lol.  cuz there a bunch of ways to 'fix ' the handlebar reach/set up.  The cats meow being a set of helibars....!!

konehead said:
Ryan at AST also sells a set back plate that mounts on topnof ur riser for a 3/4 of an inch iirc.  From ur orginal post i thought u were only looking for wedges..lol.  cuz there a bunch of ways to 'fix ' the handlebar reach/set up.  The cats meow being a set of helibars....!!

Yeah, risers with a pull back. I'm 5'7''...ish. So, I'm a bit challenged in the cockpit lol.

Thank you to all who chimed in on my 1st thread and offering some good advise and answering my questions. I'll be a around, lurking, and asking more questions like, yanno...what kind of oil and filters are best? Is a K&N air filter okay? The usual...   ;)

Rf G out.

Rushfan said:
konehead said:

Yeah, risers with a pull back. I'm 5'7''...ish. So, I'm a bit challenged in the cockpit lol.

I'll be 59 next month and I hear you! Me and Gene Simmons on the same day - birthday that is. He is old as dirt!  :rotflmao:

I mentioned the 2 inch up and 1 back risers. And much to my surprise I guess I got them on ebay. God I hate to admit that, but bros before pride I guess.  :beerchug:

Any way, I only see black ones but I'm sure you can contact the seller about silver ones.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-Kawasaki-Concours-14-Handlebar-Pullback-Risers-1400GTR/153585564546?fits=Model%3AConcours+14&epid=22027225129&hash=item23c269bb82:g:MFAAAOSwxHlcGbIh

Oh and speaking of colors, you need to lay off the exotic chemicals - Red is so slow, even the cops don't chase it since Atomic Silver was invented!  :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :nananana:

Take care,
Jon

ursharkfuel said:
Rushfan said:
konehead said:

I'll be 59 next month and I hear you! Me and Gene Simmons on the same day - birthday that is. He is old as dirt!  :rotflmao:

I mentioned the 2 inch up and 1 back risers. And much to my surprise I guess I go them on ebay. God I hate to admit that, but bros before pride I guess.  :beerchug:

Any way, I only see black ones but I'm sure you can contact the seller about silver ones.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-Kawasaki-Concours-14-Handlebar-Pullback-Risers-1400GTR/153585564546?fits=Model%3AConcours+14&epid=22027225129&hash=item23c269bb82:g:MFAAAOSwxHlcGbIh

Oh and speaking of colors, you need to lay off the exotic chemicals - Red is so slow, even the cops don't chase it since Atomic Silver was invented!  :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :nananana:

Take care,
Jon

Thanks, Jon. I will contact him to see what's available. :great:

And btw... :nananana:

connie_rider said:
If you old guys will quit bickering and give us an opening, we {young folks (only 68)} might help ya.  :rotflmao:

Just saw this on the other Forum.

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=24564.0;topicseen

Ride safe, Ted

Okay, okay...calm down. lol   ::) Thanks for the link, but, how can I contact him or possibly make a purchase? I really don't want to join another forum. I have my hands full as it is... :truce:

Anyway, thank you again.

Rf G

Rushfan said:
connie_rider said:
If you old guys will quit bickering and give us an opening, we {young folks (only 68)} might help ya.  :rotflmao:

Just saw this on the other Forum.

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=24564.0;topicseen

Ride safe, Ted

Greg, I'm a member there and can post for you. Just say "green is faster".... ;D

Okay, okay...calm down. lol   ::) Thanks for the link, but, how can I contact him or possibly make a purchase? I really don't want to join another forum. I have my hands full as it is... :truce:

Anyway, thank you again.

Rf G

I offered him a set of wedges for $35 without the bolts.  After seeing a picture of them and realizing that they're not going to provide any additional height, he didn't want them.  He's after something that brings the bars up and back.  HTH

Yes, risers that come back a bit. 3/4" would be fine, 1" would be perfect with a 2" rise. I'll pull the trigger on something this weekend. Amazon has them, too. (((shrug)))
Seriously tho, you all have been a lot of help.  :beerchug:

Green is mean, but redder is better! :))

Rushfan said:
:beerchug:

The only thing red is good for is getting the attention of the cops. They notice and chase red things like a dog or a bull - it's training and not performance. Science has proven that Atomic Silver is the fastest color and that is why supersonic things like fighter jets and missiles begin their life silver. The only red jets you see are sub-sonic buses know as passenger aircraft.  :nananana:  No fighter jock in his right mind would fly a red a$$, dirt slow fighter jet. What would be the point.

Honda likes to satisfy the eye candy needs of their customers by ignoring the performance hit introduced by the slower color.  :great:

Jon

ursharkfuel said:
Rushfan said:

The only thing red is good for is getting the attention of the cops. They notice and chase red things like a dog or a bull - it's training and not performance. Science has proven that Atomic Silver is the fastest color and that is why supersonic things like fighter jets and missiles begin their life silver. The only red jets you see are sub-sonic buses know as passenger aircraft.  :nananana:  No fighter jock in his right mind would fly a red a$$, dirt slow fighter jet. What would be the point.

Honda likes to satisfy the eye candy needs of their customers by ignoring the performance hit introduced by the slower color.  :great:

Jon

Okay, look. I'll give ya credit on how you explained it using airplanes and missiles. Ya got me, sparky! I chuckled out loud. Although, I wouldn't trade my faster RED Rex for any other color.

Rf G out

Rushfan said:
ursharkfuel said:
Rushfan said:

Jon

Okay, look. I'll give ya credit on how you explained it using airplanes and missiles. Ya got me, sparky! I chuckled out loud. Although, I wouldn't trade my faster RED Rex for any other color.

Rf G out

Glad you enjoyed it!

That's ok Sport, if you can tolerate the red handicap and the bike makes you happy, you should keep it.

Take care,
Jon  :beerchug:

Daboo said:

Chris
where did you find this simple solution for 13 bucks?  I see on amazon for the 7/8" it's 18.95,  but that's still a good price if it's handy and easy.  Thanks for this suggestion!

Ray

Rushfan said:

Thank you in advance,
Rf G.[/b]
I have oem pegs from my 08 and 09 I'm not using as I like lowered pegs.
Will sell the ones with feelers intact $20 plus shipping. The set with the feeler mounts ground away $10 plus shipping.
Pegs with rubber pads only, no mounting hardware.

lather said:
Rushfan said:

Thank you in advance,
Rf G.[/b]
I have oem pegs from my 08 and 09 I'm not using as I like lowered pegs.
Will sell the ones with feelers intact $20 plus shipping. The set with the feeler mounts ground away $10 plus shipping.
Pegs with rubber pads only, no mounting hardware.

No thank you. I found these and possibly those...  :)

https://www.ebay.com/i/283923027724?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=283923027724&targetid=930729195542&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9032489&poi=&campaignid=10756921129&mkgroupid=104099362697&rlsatarget=pla-930729195542&abcId=9300384&merchantid=111910506&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrqvY8o6T6wIVGh-tBh20ewu5EAQYASABEgJSVfD_BwE

https://www.ebay.com/i/263158991951?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=263158991951&targetid=930621148260&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9032489&poi=&campaignid=10756921129&mkgroupid=104099362697&rlsatarget=pla-930621148260&abcId=9300384&merchantid=101498797&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrqvY8o6T6wIVGh-tBh20ewu5EAQYDCABEgIRpfD_BwE

I have the first set you posted on my bike.
Their slightly shorter than the OEM Pegs.
  I discovered that the shorter peg gives me more cornering clearance.  >:D

Ride safe, Ted