• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Yonah Campground Fall Social - Back to Helen Oct 8-11

Grasshopper

Barber Vintage Weekend has been canceled so plan B. Camping at the Yonah Campground near Helen.
The campground currently has 17 campsites and 3 RV sites available. Sites have electric and water.
This would be for the same weekend that the Barber Social was scheduled Oct 8-11. I'll probably be there on the 7th.
Pricing per night
Tents: $35.97
RV 30 AMP: $53.46
RV 50 AMP: $56.16
Mention COG for a 10% discount included in the pricing above 706-865-6546
3678 Helen Hwy.
Cleveland, GA 30528

Missy is going to hold 10 tent sites until Sept 1.

This is a social and not an official COG event.

Made my reservation, they have it under "Motorcycle Group", I did let her know it was COG and people may reference that as well.

You can put 2 tents on one site so find a buddy and split the cost. Each site has electricity and water.

Helen did cancel the Oktoberfest so I was thinking we could hold our own at the campground.

If you all want to hold "Barber Vintage Festival" style dinners, we can make that happen as well.

I have a campsite if anyone wants to share. Each campsite can have two tents.
Hey buddy, you and Phil both say you're up for a site share, but the ROSE site had people chiming in to take you up on the offer. Which one of you will take me on? I think I can stand either one of you :unsure:

I'll take you on Al. Be great to see you and hear again :cool:
Plus, I have a CPAP so no snoring!
Ok then, sharing a site with Phil. Looking forward to seeing all you knuckleheads and getting a little tight around the fire. Camping next to Roman for 15 years has given me tolerance for snoring. That and earplugs.

Oktoberfest is officially cancelled this year, meaning the main beer tent is not going to be open. The restaurants and hotels will all be open.

Dinner Menu
Thursday: hamburgers and hot dogs, slaw & beans
Friday (Oktoberfest): brats and chicken schnitzel, potato salad, cucumber salad, green bean salad and sauerkraut.
Saturday: Helen restaurant or left overs.

Breakfast on your own, welcome to use cook stuff.

It will be good to see you and catch up with you Mike.

We are now arriving on Wednesday, shooting for around noon ish arrival.

I have a line on some (free) fire wood (Oak and Hickory), it is about an hour away from the campground. We will have our truck so if I could get someone to ride along and help load, that would be helpful.

It will be good to see you and catch up with you Mike.

We are now arriving on Wednesday, shooting for around noon ish arrival.

I have a line on some (free) fire wood (Oak and Hickory), it is about an hour away from the campground. We will have our truck so if I could get someone to ride along and help load, that would be helpful.
Kurt.. I can help out.. I will bring one of my trucks as well.

New C10 owner here... was thinking of maybe stopping by Saturday or Sunday. Is it possible to just pop in to the campground during the day if I'm not planning to stay overnight?

You can stop by, we might be out riding during the day. I usually don’t leave till 10ish and am usually back by 5 or 6

I'll probably sit this one out. I'd likely be arriving when everyone else is leaving and leaving for home when everyone else is returning.