• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

You Favorite Accessory

I have to pick one?  I would say foot peg lowers from murphs.  It made it much more comfortable for me. 

DC Concours said:
hahahahaha.
Just want to be sure what Rick is asking. I mean, some people think oil, brakes and tires are accessories.  ;D

To me, an accessory is something that is added and is not a replacement for something originally on the bike. Let's look at Ricks example. He changed the "pipes" (not sure what he means - muffler? full exhaust?)  To me that is not an "accessory," that is replacing one needed component with another. That is an upgrade, not an accessory. Now if he had added a chrome cover to the original muffler, then that is an "accessory."

My favorite accessory? A source for music. Doesn't matter what or how, just having it on the bike, and powered by the bike.
:)

Replaced stock windscreen from stocker to a Cee Bailey with vent, way less turbulence.
But ZRX front end was the best upgrade hands down.

RWulf said:
My seat that tells me when Iam turning and feels good too!

I have Richards vibrator in my seat that tells me my turn signal is still flashing-flashing-flashing. :) :) :) :)

1. EZ-pass for toll booths.  No question a necessity if you go through tolls regularly, and mine has a big M so it pays the bike price (don't use it with a cage! They're free so get the right one for every vehicle).

2.  Pile of bungee cords, I've used them too many times already to hold pieces of the bike on the way home from errors.

3. Trunk, have my helmet & jacket in there.  Hoping to avoid the gamut of "hey, you rode your bike today" comments.  Still expect the questions like  "Hey, did you ride your bike today?" because they ask even during a blizzard or whatever.

Tour1 said:
...Still expect the questions like  "Hey, did you ride your bike today?" because they ask even during a blizzard or whatever...

Yeah - that one always cracks me up...    :021:

Jamie

In order
1 heated gear
2 HF lift
these two are not specific to the C10
Specific to the C10
parts bike
larry bucks shelf

who me? said:
In order
1 heated gear
2 HF lift
Specific to the C10
parts bike
larry bucks shelf
Unless you're towing it behind you, I don't think a "parts bike" should count as an accessory.  ;D

chase/sweep truck with spares bike in back (ala Harley group?)

also carries the beer and whiskey :)>>

would that be an accessory?

Cal

Outback Jon said:
who me? said:
In order
1 heated gear
2 HF lift
Specific to the C10
parts bike
larry bucks shelf
Unless you're towing it behind you, I don't think a "parts bike" should count as an accessory.  ;D
How about if I claim it as garage art?
I just like it when I lose that odd ball screw I dont have to stop for 2-3 days looking in the dark corners of the garage

There's not much left of the original '91 Connie but, absolutely, without a doubt, the Vista-cruise throttle lock. My right hand can go numb in less than 10 minutes sometimes. By letting me flex my hand and get circulation going again it has become a must-have. Heated grips  would be the next on the list, followed by.........

#1 - Russell Day-Long saddle    Bergmen SPOOFAK adaptor    Russell Day-Long saddle    Bergmen SPOOFAK adaptor  Russell Day-Long saddle 

#2 - Bergmen SPOOFAK adaptor  Russell Day-Long saddle    Bergmen SPOOFAK adaptor  Russell Day-Long saddle      Bergmen SPOOFAK adaptor

#3 - murph's dual-beam headlight kit

#4 - PIAA 910 110W driving lights

#5 - GIVI rear topcase

#6 - Rifle windshield to replace OEM

As one can tell, I'm hard-pressed to say for sure between Dan's SPOOFAK and the Russell. The only thing that sways it toward the Russell is that when I get on the bike, it tends to be for longer distances, so the Russell has really proven its worth.

Then again, with the SPOOFAK I spend less time on oil changes so I can spend more time in the saddle.....so maybe the SPOOFAK is the better choice...?  :-[ :-[ :-[

Then again, I'm only getting started on the "accessorizing".....  :))  Gotta get the bike ready for the next 25 years.  ;)

Stebel Nautilus, saved my butt several times . The Russell daylong has also saved my butt . :motonoises:

who me? said:
SWMBO thinks my favorite acc is access to Murphs :rotflmao:

Along that line, a credit card.

Hard to pick one between cruise control and the RDL seat and Genmar peg lowers.

My latest accessory is:

00o0o_6gKuuBb1bi2_600x450.jpg

Nope... Not an accessory, unless you put it on a chain and hang it round yer neck...  Maybe dangle it from yer ear... heh heh..

Nosmo said:
SISF's "7th gear" mod.  THE BEST MOD YOU CAN DO TO A CONNIE.  :great:

I Agree!! :)  Steve's Torque Cams are the frosting on the cake!!    :motonoises:

Favorite accessories huh. Well lets see, Steve's 7th gear unit, no wait Steve's jet kit, no wait, Steve's torque cams, my 4 into 1 header, Oh heck all of them !!!!  :great:

JPavlis_CA said:
DC Concours said:
hahahahaha.
  ...To me, an accessory is something that is added and is not a replacement for something originally on the bike. Let's look at Ricks example. He changed the "pipes" (not sure what he means - muffler? full exhaust?)  To me that is not an "accessory," that is replacing one needed component with another. That is an upgrade, not an accessory. Now if he had added a chrome cover to the original muffler, then that is an "accessory."

My favorite accessory? A source for music. Doesn't matter what or how, just having it on the bike, and powered by the bike.
:)

Based on that definition, mine would be the Canyon Cages/Top Block combination (because I haven't got around to fully removing the cages).  I had a slow speed low side last summer.  Saved a bunch by having these.  Ended up with a some scraped paint on the cages and one mirror.  :motonoises: 

Daryl said:
Hope this isn't too far off topic....but anyone with a link for Cruise Control? Then that will be my favorite acc.

For the ZG1000 the best solution is the audiovox css100.  It's available @ Murphskits.com.  Follow the install instructions on the site, as the unit is a 'universal' system, and can be properly set up for the Concours with a few tweaks.  Still a top notch acc...  lovin' my CC.

Jim Snyder said:
Favorite accessories huh. Well lets see, Steve's 7th gear unit, no wait Steve's jet kit, no wait, Steve's torque cams, my 4 into 1 header, Oh heck all of them !!!!  :great:

YES!!!!!!  :) :) :)

17" wheels? THey sure make tires selection and availability better and easier.  But, nahhhhh, not that.
Fuel injection?  It's great but maybe not my favorite thing.
Turbo?  Well, that's awesome and I love it dearly, but there is something that makes riding much easier, comfortable, and better for me...

The Murph's CCS1000 Cruise Control.  That's the schizzle of all farkles and accessories.  It saves my back, my shoulders, and my hands and arms from fatigue to extend the miles I can ride exponentially.  The best $180 I ever spent on a Connie and I don;t really like to ride without it anymore.  Highly recommended to all.  :great: