• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

ZXR250 Inline 4 - 19,500 RPM redline

Stasch

Maybe I'm just late to find out about something many of you may already know.

I was reading about an Australian GTR1000 rider who had swapped in a ZXR250 2 piston rear caliper. At first I thought a ZXR250 might be a Euro version of the Kawasaki EX250 twins. I searched some more to try and see if the rear caliper was a direct swap and stumbled across this!

1994 ZRX250

Never sold in the states, it had an with an inline 4 with a 19,500 RPM redline.

Sounds like a hoot to ride.

1994-Kawasaki-ZXR250-R-Side-730x548.jpg

Last edited:
The Japanese home market was flooded with 125 and 250 inline 4's from the big 4 all through the 80's and beyond. Machines that had all the good stuff the 1000cc bikes we got had on them, brakes, forks, carbs, wheels, frames. They even looked like the 1000 cc bikes we had here. more than a few lucky bike magazine writers got to go there and ride them and talk about them in articles, and we all just drooled. none of the Japanese bikes really made it over here but some European bikes did. I still lust for a 50cc 2-stroke Aprilia.