• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Gpz900 head

Motorcyclerider

Thinking of installing the gpz900 head. Many have talked about how important intake velocity is. I’m wondering if the ports on the intake side are smaller and would help with intake velocity. Also think it may increase compression. Would also do a slight port and polish just match the exhaust ports as they all are not uniform and remove any casting imperfections on the intake and exhaust side. They make a 1000 head gasket for the gpz900 head and the mounting points appear the same. Not sure if the valves are the same size either but eyeballing it with a spare c10 engine I have the valve cover off the valves appear to be the same size.

I'm 90+% sure that the GPZ and the ZX frames are the same.

Also, I once considered a ZX-900 head.
Don't recall everything but I'm pretty sure that the combustion chambers were the same size, valves the same size (or mebbe smaller), runners the same size, no option to attach to frame.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited: