• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hello from AR

Welcome to the group from Missouri, in case you haven't found it yet there's a tab above labeled "events" where you can find rides and meeting close to you, South West Area, well relatively close. The National Rally coming up this August would be a great place to meet others and participate in riding some nice roads.

Welcome aboard! I'm just up the road from you in Greenbrier, we'll have to get together for a ride or a beer.

We hold a spring rally here at our place & normally have 40 - 45 in attendance from a dozen or so different states. You can look under s/c events for Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous for past HMR's to get an idea of what goes on. Speaking of, I need to next years on the calendar.

Welcome to COG @lumkir7532 !

Interesting to hear how you like the Concours (drop the e) compared to the other machines you’ve owned.

Poke around, if you don’t find something just raise your hand and we’ll get you pointed in the right direction. And farkles, we got you covered!

BTW - I like that black sparkle color.

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Interesting to hear how you like the Concours (drop the e) compared to the other machines you’ve owned.

Poke around, if you don’t find something just raise your hand and we’ll get you pointed in the right direction. And farkles, we got you covered!

Wayne, Carol & Blue
Well I had no intention
Welcome to the group from Missouri, in case you haven't found it yet there's a tab above labeled "events" where you can find rides and meeting close to you, South West Area, well relatively close. The National Rally coming up this August would be a great place to meet others and participate in riding some nice roads.
That sounds great! I bought the bike from John Locklar in Greenwood near Fort Smith AR. He mentioned the gathering. Looking forward to meeting you.

Wayne, Carol & Blue
I mostly have had sport bikes/sport touring bikes all my 40+ riding yrs. my last couple of bikes have been 08 Honda 1000RR, 09 R1200RT, 12 K1600GT. July I had to have the new Suz GSX s1000 GT+. It turns out it's much more Sport than Sport touring. I love the bike but I also love riding with my wife. Turns out I have 2 bikes. Need to sell the Suz.... Maybe.

I mostly have had sport bikes/sport touring bikes all my 40+ riding yrs. my last couple of bikes have been 08 Honda 1000RR, 09 R1200RT, 12 K1600GT. July I had to have the new Suz GSX s1000 GT+. It turns out it's much more Sport than Sport touring. I love the bike but I also love riding with my wife. Turns out I have 2 bikes. Need to sell the Suz.... Maybe.
What are your impressions of the 12 K1600GT ride/power/comfort/sportiness/maintenance-reliability/etc. compared to your Concours?

What are your impressions of the 12 K1600GT ride/power/comfort/sportiness/maintenance-reliability/etc. compared to your Concours?
Here's the thing... I'm currently off work recovering from knee replacement (gettin old n shitty) I bought the Concours from a guy some might know here in AR (John Locklar) Trailered it back home. I have not ridden yet. I have test road one several yrs only for a couple of miles. I got a good deal and know the reliability of the Concours to feel good about the purchase for us.
I can not say apples to apples what I like / dislike. I owned a 12 K16. Love the motor! Handled good for a 700+ lb Moto. Was heavy especially when riding 2 up at low speeds. Its a top heavy bike. Stereo was a disappointment, BMW Bluetooth was terrible. Any repair was expensive.

Wondering op's impressions on the Suzuki. Love the look of the thing but was wondering myself if it's more sporty than sport touring. What's the comfort like? I would expect handling and power to be great but thought it might be a little uncomfortable after a while. How many miles do you have on it? Was wonder if it may be a worthy successor to the concours.

Wondering op's impressions on the Suzuki. Love the look of the thing but was wondering myself if it's more sporty than sport touring. What's the comfort like? I would expect handling and power to be great but thought it might be a little uncomfortable after a while. How many miles do you have on it? Was wonder if it may be a worthy successor to the concours.
Im 6' tall 220 lbs. Suz GSX seems more cramped / smaller seat to peg than the 08 1000RR, 04 Gixxer 1k or even the 97 TL1000s, But all 3 of those I owned from 1997 - 2012. At that time I used them as my sport touring bike, track day machine & weekend warrior. I was much younger then too. I bought the GSX in July, took it out west trip, rode 3000+ miles the Slab was tough. I installed a Corbin (helped a bit) Heated grips, Touring screen. The Touring Screen with a wind deflector is a must have in my opinion. If interested PM me the Suz is for sale. I have about 7500mi on her.

Thanks for the reply! Our height and weight are pretty similar. I don't think I can justify a new bike to the wife right now so it's probably not in the cards but thanks for the reply.