• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Overall length of C10

croach1776

Tonto
Couldnt find this using search. Want to see if she can be parked in garage in a way that will make it easier to drive out and make more room for wifes car. Thx

I haven't tried using it yet, but the seller gave me a similar center stand dolly to of these with my bike. I would be inclined to ratchet strap the center stand tight forward for fear of it going over center and folding if you hit a rock or something with the dolly wheel.

I haven't tried using it yet, but the seller gave me a similar center stand dolly to of these with my bike. I would be inclined to ratchet strap the center stand tight forward for fear of it going over center and folding if you hit a rock or something with the dolly wheel.

Inquiring minds gotta know.
HOW could you get the bike up on to the dolly?
ie; It's tough e'nuff to get the bike on the CS without an extra inch below the CS.

Ride safe, Ted

And with the topcase, the bike is REALLY long (at least the way I have mine set up):

20240125_132519.jpg

-Z

ie; It's tough e'nuff to get the bike on the CS without an extra inch below the CS.

Ride safe, Ted

Is the C10 supposed to be hard to get on the centerstand? I park my bike on its centerstand nightly. No more difficult than my GS1100 or my GL1000...

Or is it just that I'm a fat sack, and that helps with leverage?

-Z

It's pretty tough for us slender stealthy (old) guys. šŸ˜µ

I know nuuuuuuuuthingggg!!!!

Ride safe, Ted

It's pretty tough for us slender stealthy (old) guys. šŸ˜µ

I know nuuuuuuuuthingggg!!!!

Ride safe, Ted

Hey, there's a reason I'm ok with riding in the winter! Like seals and polar bears; a nice layer of insulation to keep me warm!!

šŸ¤£

-Z

Ride safe, Ted
I haven't tried it out yet, but rolling the bike up into some boards first could help. My garage floor isn't the best, so I haven't been real inclined to try, at least until I get my garage fixed up better.

When I was checking out my C10, I popped it up on the center stand, and the seller was startled at how quickly I did it. He said he only did it once, and had to enlist his wife to help. He also did say a big reason he was selling it is because it was too big and heavy for him. He was a young fit guy, but said he felt much more at home on scooters.

I will admit it takes a lot more oomph than my 425-lb 600, but technique is a big part of it, with the right amount of standing on the lever and pulling up and back on the hand grip.

I haven't tried it out yet, but rolling the bike up into some boards first could help. My garage floor isn't the best, so I haven't been real inclined to try, at least until I get my garage fixed up better.

When I was checking out my C10, I popped it up on the center stand, and the seller was startled at how quickly I did it. He said he only did it once, and had to enlist his wife to help. He also did say a big reason he was selling it is because it was too big and heavy for him. He was a young fit guy, but said he felt much more at home on scooters.

I will admit it takes a lot more oomph than my 425-lb 600, but technique is a big part of it, with the right amount of standing on the lever and pulling up and back on the hand grip.

^^^ This. Technique is everything.

1. Approach the bike on the sidestand, right hand on the grabrail, left hand on the handlebar
  2. Press down on the centerstand until you feel it touch the ground
  3. While applying slight pressure, SLOWLY tilt the bike off the sidestand, until you feel the other side of the centerstand hit the ground
  4. Rock the bike EVER SO SLIGHTLY while applying slight pressure to the centerstand, to make sure that both legs are on the ground
  5. Place the sole of your foot on the centerstand, and in one fluid motion, stand up on, then press down on the centerstand while rocking your body back and to the right, directing all motion through your right foot.
Bike should pop right up. I have success with this with the bike loaded down and my passenger on the bike when I do it (that's hard, and I have to put all my weight in it, but still).

-Z

^^^ This. Technique is everything.

1. Approach the bike on the sidestand, right hand on the grabrail, left hand on the handlebar
  2. Press down on the centerstand until you feel it touch the ground
  3. While applying slight pressure, SLOWLY tilt the bike off the sidestand, until you feel the other side of the centerstand hit the ground
  4. Rock the bike EVER SO SLIGHTLY while applying slight pressure to the centerstand, to make sure that both legs are on the ground
  5. Place the sole of your foot on the centerstand, and in one fluid motion, stand up on, then press down on the centerstand while rocking your body back and to the right, directing all motion through your right foot.
Bike should pop right up. I have success with this with the bike loaded down and my passenger on the bike when I do it (that's hard, and I have to put all my weight in it, but still).

-Z
Very well described!

Dang, you've done it WITH a passenger on too?!?! That's a new level of crazy (or showing off, haha).