• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

TPMS replacement demo at the Spider Ride.

Did y'all have anyone in mind.:unsure: .
I think at least one person from the writers group should attend the Spider. But just in case you can't send someone, I'll take some pictures and try to write a short narrative.

Of course ATTENDING the Spider Ride is the best way to learn how to do this. I bet if anyone purchases a pair of Autel TPMS sensors before they arrive, Jeff would clone a spare set of sensors for your bike. Like Jeff said, another great reason to attend the Spider Ride September 14-17.

The great thing about the Writers Group is thst anyone can join, or leave, or whatever.🤪. We’re just having fun.(no one in mind because I don’t know who’s attending …) Need a volunteer!

;-)

I am going to bring my programming pad and Autel TPMS sensor and show you can replace your sensors at home.
This will happen at the Spider Ride in September. One more reason to attend.
Just order that kit the pad arrived today hopefully it works there's a member from Facebook group who swear by it and program his with success . Everyone have a good day.

I seen on one of the Facebook sites where a guy wrote down the ID numbers on the inside of the rim when he changed tires. I have records but I thought that's a great idea just in case the phone ever crashes 😵‍💫

I seen on one of the Facebook sites where a guy wrote down the ID numbers on the inside of the rim when he changed tires. I have records but I thought that's a great idea just in case the phone ever crashes 😵‍💫
Wow yes I found that Facebook post yesterday. I'm still going to save factory tpms for backup. Have good day

Does anyone make 90 degree valve stems for them? I have Rizoma ones on my other (non-TPMS) bike and love them. I'll never understand why they don't make them standard on bikes!

Does anyone make 90 degree valve stems for them? I have Rizoma ones on my other (non-TPMS) bike and love them. I'll never understand why they don't make them standard on bikes!
I'm not a expert from what i understand gl1500 stems will work on are bikes. mabe murphys well, known vendor on here might stock

I checked out some TPMS threads and did google searches, but have some questions. So what is expected life of the OEM sensors? I just bought used 2015 in April. They still work. When can I expect them to fail? My Ford fusion just passed 10 years and still working. I understand that the design was changed and the battery is not easily changed in the newer models, but has anyone done so? I don't see specifics mentioned but are you using Autel sensors for Mazda 3? what is part number for sensors? and what programmer is needed? Maybe when time comes I'll see if anyone can do this near Baltimore or buy a programmer. I guess every tire change have to think about whether time to deal with this.

I've successfully changed the battery in one of the newer type sensors and unsuccessfully in another. They are a PIA to replace, so much so that I wouldn't bother again. Fred H on here used to do them initially but stopped doing so, probably because of the trouble they are and the failure rate. On a 2015 bike they will be close to end of life I'd say. See reply 12.

Thanks Freddy. I did see that picture in post 12 but there isn't a part number shown. I see those have 2 frequencies listed. Which one does the Connie use?

I checked out some TPMS threads and did google searches, but have some questions. So what is expected life of the OEM sensors? I just bought used 2015 in April. They still work. When can I expect them to fail? My Ford fusion just passed 10 years and still working. I understand that the design was changed and the battery is not easily changed in the newer models, but has anyone done so? I don't see specifics mentioned but are you using Autel sensors for Mazda 3? what is part number for sensors? and what programmer is needed? Maybe when time comes I'll see if anyone can do this near Baltimore or buy a programmer. I guess every tire change have to think about whether time to deal with this.
I hope to have an article with more detail in an upcoming Concourier. But here are some quick answers. I put my last factory sensor in 2017 and still working fine. I put on 60,000 miles sense then the new style sensors seem to last a lot longer Photos of sensor and programmer I used are attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230605-121408_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230605-121408_Chrome.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 62
  • 20230923_140021.jpg
    20230923_140021.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 63
OK, I found them at NAPA near me for $23! awesome. sure beats $200+. Crazy that Kawasaki charges that. Have to decide whether to change them pro-actively with next tire change, or wait till they go bad.

OK, I found them at NAPA near me for $23! awesome. sure beats $200+. Crazy that Kawasaki charges that. Have to decide whether to change them pro-actively with next tire change, or wait till they go bad.
I programmed mine and tested it. Its waiting in the drawer. Mine is a 2010 that had the old style replaced. Going on 8 years now and works fine.

I hope to have an article with more detail in an upcoming Concourier. But here are some quick answers. I put my last factory sensor in 2017 and still working fine. I put on 60,000 miles sense then the new style sensors seem to last a lot longer Photos of sensor and programmer I used are attacheMazda

I hope to have an article with more detail in an upcoming Concourier. But here are some quick answers. I put my last factory sensor in 2017 and still working fine. I put on 60,000 miles sense then the new style sensors seem to last a lot longer Photos of sensor and programmer I used are attached.
Mazda 3 will work if Freddy hasn't told you already. I have used with success 09 connie hope this helps

I replaced the front on my 13 with the last tire change because it was getting pretty slow waking up. The back is still good. I'll probably do the rear with the next tire. It's the earliest model 3 Mazda that you need to choose when programming the sensor.

I replaced the front on my 13 with the last tire change because it was getting pretty slow waking up. The back is still good. I'll probably do the rear with the next tire. It's the earliest model 3 Mazda that you need to choose when programming the sensor.
Experience same with front tire otherwise overall with doing speaking for myself

Yesterday I was at Temecula Motorsports in Temecula California. I just had a new rear tire mounted and when I got it home I discovered the valve stem was leaking. Took it back to have the tire removed so I could see what's up with the valve stem leaking. Apparently the O ring was failing though its not a visible defect to the naked eye. The tire shop said they couldn't work on the TPS because they were afraid they would break it. While telling me that I was also told that the TPS cost $62 ( dealer cost ? ) if they were to have broken it when removing it. The over the counter price was $238.00 plus tax when I looked for the Kawasaki O ring in the parts department to fix my TPS sensor. Kawasaki doesn't sell the O ring... you must buy the whole sensor to fix the O ring leak.
I went across the street to an auto parts store and found a suitable size O ring for about 50 cents. I then installed the O ring and had the tire remounted and everything seems to be working just fine.

My question is... is an approximaitly 300% markup on a TPS sensor about the industry average for markup ?

I will be checking the Napa store for the correct sensors and replace all 4 of them on my 2 pairs of wheels. Why do they need to be programmed if they are the correct frequency? The frequency is 315 htz... right, or not?