• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

WANTED Russell Day Long

Timing is everything. I bought an extra stock seat to.the national, for someone wanting to do a russel, cuz they use ur seat pan. Nobody would guve me $30 for it. So i left it by a garbage can. It was gone the next day...

I was nit gonna take it back home to to south Georgia..

I had a Russell for awhile and it did not work for me . Sat me way too tall in the saddle . You might seek someone out to let you test fit it before spending much on one . I prefer a sporty seating position and it was definitely not that .I think they probably work well with pull back bars and a more upright stance .

A chunk of pan-board will be wide / thick and heavy enough, as noted above park your on it - good to go!

Wayne

I had a Russell for awhile and it did not work for me . Sat me way too tall in the saddle . You might seek someone out to let you test fit it before spending much on one . I prefer a sporty seating position and it was definitely not that .I think they probably work well with pull back bars and a more upright stance .
Russell does offer 2 versions. A "Touring" model and they offer a "Sport" model which may be more of what you are talking about. Love the Russells,,,,,,but everyone has an opinion!

The height and weight of the rider a Russell was originally built for is an important factor when considering buying a used one.

I have had two Russell seats for C10s over the years, both acquired 2nd hand. The first was built for someone very close to my height and weight and fits me like a glove. Best seat I've ever had - still have it.

The 2nd was built for an unknown height and weight, which did not fit me and was uncomfortable.

what's pan-board?
My apologies, a stream of consciousness and spell checker SNAFU, LAM-BEAM is what this should have said.

Extremely strong - laminated beams are used commonly on structural needs and is multiple boards factory fused together to form one incredibly strong board of wood.

Wayne

My apologies, a stream of consciousness and spell checker SNAFU, LAM-BEAM is what this should have said.

Extremely strong - laminated beams are used commonly on structural needs and is multiple boards factory fused together to form one incredibly strong board of wood.

Wayne
That's exactly what the seat on my nephew's dual sport Yamaha feels like!😟

Wayne
HAHAHAHA Lord have mercy I googled my way wondering what pan-board was, and found a super resiliant foam that is used under shower pans in house contruction...that's what I thought you meant!

I used to ride all day for days on end on my Corbin, I love Corbins on everything I've ridden, they just fit me. But I think my second-hand Corbin that I got used, re-covered, and then ran for ten more years, is getting weak. It feels to low now, and my hips hurt.
I could just about justify the cost of the new Russell, until I figure in the cost of shipping back and forth to CA. Then it just gets ludicrous.

Since I know how to re-cover the seat and I have already got the pilot holes in the fiberglass pan on the Corbin, I think I'm gonna try this racing bike foam on top of the Corbin. If it feels good, I'll just engineer a cover over it. I've always done better with super-firm seats, and I've always sworn by moving around in the saddle BEFORE it hurts.

I may give that a try also . I recovered my Corbin with one of these a few years ago . It has held up well . Good quality cover .

I may give that a try also . I recovered my Corbin with one of these a few years ago . It has held up well . Good quality cover .

Thanks for sharing
My C10 makes my tail bone hurt after a while
I’ve got an extra pan……
I’m gonna buy this and some high quality foam and see if I can’t make something that works
Best
But Bob

Thanks for sharing
My C10 makes my tail bone hurt after a while
I’ve got an extra pan……
I’m gonna buy this and some high quality foam and see if I can’t make something that works
Best
But Bob
I've done a few seats too, and the good hard closed-cell foam is easier to find these days. Spray adhesive and an old electric bread knife, and you're on your way!

6’ 225 in excellent shape, rub marks from where it contacts the hand rails? Not sure of year built. Zip 29717.

Last edited: